Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berger's done
Quote: @"KingBash" said:
If he'd have kept playing, would he have remained our starter? Or were we looking to go another direction?

What I'm asking, is whether or not this changes how we draft. Personally I think we - of course - do BPA but we slant our thinking slightly towards our offensive line. Teams with solid lines that can protect their QB are the teams that go far. We're so close and I'd hate for this unit to be a weakness again this year. 
I think the draft will be what it will be.  Signing the G/C guy from philly and now Compton should be ample replacement for Berger and Sirles.   They should still be looking OL in the draft early, but I dont think their hand is forced due to Joe stepping away.

Quote: @"KingBash" said:
If he'd have kept playing, would he have remained our starter? Or were we looking to go another direction?

What I'm asking, is whether or not this changes how we draft. Personally I think we - of course - do BPA but we slant our thinking slightly towards our offensive line. Teams with solid lines that can protect their QB are the teams that go far. We're so close and I'd hate for this unit to be a weakness again this year. 

I think Compton's signing yesterday made him our new "Joe"...our Swiss-Army knife O lineman.

No surprise here. I feel like in the NFL (like in boxing), if you are thinking about retiring, you are 95% of the way there.  Berger had a very nice NFL career and did a fine job for the Vikings. I hope he enjoys his retirement in good health.

Dilly Dilly!  Good luck Joe and thanks for the memories.

Thank you good sir, you will be sorely missed!!!

He really did a great job for us.  Not just a stop gap player but a quality starter.  That said, he made the right decision.  It was time.

Vikings will probably draft two OL, one coming early, but I am inclined to believe that we will wait till the 2nd round to pick the first OL, the first rounder could be an OLB.

Thanks for the memories Joe.  Seems like there were times he singlehandedly held that line together. Hooe you enjoy your well deserved retirement!  Always a Viking.