Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Mr. Nichols
Kendricks is the most all around player of these mentioned.  Ive become a big fan. If i had to pick I would reluctantly pick him.

Barr is a physical freak and his speed makes it very hard for QBs using play action to have a great game (ask Erin). He has a sneaky speed.  The Vikes took a lot of heat for taking him so high because he was very raw.  I think he will continue to get better.

The problem with losing Diggs is who will replace him?  Guys made some surprising points that Adam has the better numbers and stays on the field better.  But both guys make each other better and they will need to identify and train a new guy.  

The draft will tell us a lot.

We are only paying our QB’s 4m more then last season, the sky is not falling...  Wink B)

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
If it was 1970, Gideon wouldn't be a bad MLB...
Or even 2015 if you think he's an upgrade on Erin Henderson or Jasper Brinkley. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"BattleLakeRaider" said:
Imo, if they are forced to not sign someone based on a monetary standpoint, Kendricks is the odd man out, with Gedeon (sp?) taking over at mike
You can't be serious here. Gideon isn't taking anything over anything, he's a fringe player that is fundamentally sound but gets limited snaps. 
Gedeon in this scenario would have the inside track, like somebody else said this draft will tell us alot.

Quote: @"BattleLakeRaider" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
If it was 1970, Gideon wouldn't be a bad MLB...
Or even 2015 if you think he's an upgrade on Erin Henderson or Jasper Brinkley. 
He's not.

Answer was all the above

I wonder how the Vikings are looking at giving Thielen a raise?
Reading these comments he should get more than Diggs.
Gonna be tough for the Vikings to work that magic.
I don't think he will get it but will come close.
If they want to run more it is tough to have two high paid receivers.
If you had one player at each position group getting paid top dollar you are going to have depth making the minimum or close to it.
The Vikings are pretty close now.  Here are the top cap hits for 2019.

Smith 10.8m, Rhodes 13.4m, Waynes 9.1m, Barr 5.6m, Kendricks, Joseph 10.7 m, Hunter 13.5m, Griffen 7.9m,Cousins 29m, Diggs 12.5m, Thielen 8.1m, Rudolph 7.6m, & Reiff 11.7m.
That is 13 players taking up $146,350,250 of the $192,300,000 total cap which is 76%.
They have to pay 40 other players about and average of 1.148m with some getting more and a bunch getting the minimum.
The Vikings probably have one of the (if not the most) top heavy rosters in the NFL.
Giving Thielen 6 mil per more will take some real cap gymnastics.
Whose better?  Who cares?  They are spending 96.8m on the great defense this year.

They had better show up in the most important games of the year (i.e., elimination games).

The thing is, they are scrambling to keep the players they had last year, but they were a .500 team. Where is the improvement supposed to come from?

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
The thing is, they are scrambling to keep the players they had last year, but they were a .500 team. Where is the improvement supposed to come from?
Internal player development, the draft, FA bargain bin, & undrafted rookie free agents. Not a great spot to be in, but we’re really backed up against the cap. The coaching staff are really going to need to earn their money this year.