Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Panthers have agreed to a three-year deal with Wright
absence makes the heart grow fonder I guess.  Don't understand the worry about a bit WR that hardly saw the field.  Didn't play special teams, was strictly a slot guy with AT and Diggs ahead of him.  Good luck to him, he was a decent guy and made a few plays but I will best remember him as the guy who followed Diggs into the endzone on the Minny Miracle.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
absence makes the heart grow fonder I guess.  Don't understand the worry about a bit WR that hardly saw the field.  Didn't play special teams, was strictly a slot guy with AT and Diggs ahead of him.  Good luck to him, he was a decent guy and made a few plays but I will best remember him as the guy who followed Diggs into the endzone on the Minny Miracle.
I think a lot of us feel that he should have seen the field more.  He was a dependable, solid WR who seemed to come up with some big catches when called upon.

/shrug.  He is what he is.  A backup slot WR.  Doubt there was a conspiracy to keep the man down.

He's obviously not interested in winning a super bowl 

Well.... he’s definitely no Treadwell....  

He was one of the better #3 guys out there and could have stepped up to #2 but probably wasnt going to set any records there.  The Vikes have been lucky with Diggs and Thielen staying healthy.

It is a little unusual that when it was 3rd and long they seemed to go to him often.  He made most every catch thrown at him and usually for big plays. 

A completely irrelevant sidenote: The culture of the Vikes locker room seems to be changing from a bunch of guys at the same level, all working hard, into a team with some emerging stars and guys who are household names. Denny struggled with that.  It will be interesting to see how Zimm does.

Nature of the beast, wish JW nothing but the best...Hard choices from now on. Especially with more, high quality players on the roster + team success...

The poachers become the poached...