Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets Think The Vikings "Win" The Cousins Sweepstakes
Quote: @"Neptizzle" said:
exactly maroon. Teddy deserves his shot more than ANYONE. The kid is a gem. But I guess if Zim and the coaches think his knee may not make it, then... and I love that kid more than anyone.
SOOO if Cousins is our guy, I guess we have to love our Cousins. Like you said, if we can take Keenum and make him an all-pro, give Bradpool his best year, I wonder what we can do with a guy who actually is a top-10+ QB? Especially when we at Cook to that? get another OL in that mix? DAMN!
As Clint Eastwood would say ...

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

[Image: giphy-facebook_s.jpg]

Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
@"Neptizzle" said:
exactly maroon. Teddy deserves his shot more than ANYONE. The kid is a gem. But I guess if Zim and the coaches think his knee may not make it, then... and I love that kid more than anyone.
SOOO if Cousins is our guy, I guess we have to love our Cousins. Like you said, if we can take Keenum and make him an all-pro, give Bradpool his best year, I wonder what we can do with a guy who actually is a top-10+ QB? Especially when we at Cook to that? get another OL in that mix? DAMN!
As Clint Eastwood would say ...

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

[Image: giphy-facebook_s.jpg]
I think character (face of the franchise, community engagement) actually has a lot to do with it. But make no mistake. Teddy deserves a chance mostly because he's a damn good QB. 

Per SNY's Ralph Vacchiano, the Jets' "Plan B" if they fail to sign free agent Kirk Cousins would be to pair Teddy Bridgewater with Josh McCown.

Cousins is still 'Plan A' for the Jets. If "their fears are realized" and Cousins signs with the Vikings, the next plan would be signing Bridgewater, who is still just 25, and bringing back 38-year-old McCown to mentor him. 'Plan C' would be pairing McCown with whoever they take sixth-overall in the draft. Bridgewater has also been linked to "a handful" of other teams eyeing him as a potential starter. Mar 5 - 4:17 PM

Or they could win by not getting him. Or lose by not getting him. But at least we will know one way or the other soon.

not soon enough, all the speculation with no hard news is killing me.