Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets Think The Vikings "Win" The Cousins Sweepstakes

Its interesting that there's this kind of speculation, but it does make a ton of sense if Cousins was serious about if the Vikings were 'in the ballpark', he'd be going to Minnesota. Or it could just be more smoke to try and drive up his contract value....hard to know. But we'll find out here in about 10 days or so. New stadium, new corporate facilities, a talented team and a good culture would seem to check the boxes for a lot of candidates.

I'm in on Cousins if it happens, I think he could prosper big time as a Viking. But I'm down with how it shakes out regardless. 

Man, there's so much smoke and mirrors out there this time of year....Never ceases to amaze me. 

Broncos now believe it to. 

I don't want to believe it. Hoping its not true (that the Vikes can land him and probably will). PLEASE JETS OR BRONCOS - take this guy!

I don't think I've ever seen a situation where the consensus top free agent on the market is unwanted so much by the team that stands the best chance to land him. 

Here's what I think. And this is all just speculation on my part based on my ever growing gut....

I think all of this talk from the Broncos and Jets media people comes from real conversations that indicate the  Vikings are on the top of Cousins' list. Because why wouldn't we be? They also know that the Vikings are "in" on Cousins, meaning he's one of the options we're considering. Because why wouldn't we be? 

But I think that's where it ends. I think the Vikings haven't yet come to any hard decisions about this, and are probably still weighing pluses and minuses and playing out scenarios like they should be. 

I think Zimmer really wants Teddy Bridgewater and is somewhat tweaked that we might be ending that relationship. I think Flip wants either Keenum or Cousins. And I think Rick wants more than anything to just END the carousel once and for all, and Cousins (despite his flaws) is most likely to do that. 

I think this is NOT a slam dunk. It's an analysis of likelihoods. And it's not a done deal by any stretch. JMF'NO.

Well, I THINK I agree.  I’m no football mind or anything close to that but I don’t want us to mortgage our future for the sake of one player.  That never seems to work out (see Herschel Walker).  if we hanmstring our abilities to sign our current “stars”—the ones who got us to,the NFCCG—as well as take us out ofthe FA market at other positions, thats dangerous.  The risk may be too great.  Is any one  player worth that?  Is Cousins?  I dont know man, but I’m leaning “no”.

Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
Well, I THINK I agree.  I’m no football mind or anything close to that but I don’t want us to mortgage our future for the sake of one player.  That never seems to work out (see Herschel Walker).  if we hanmstring our abilities to sign our current “stars”—the ones who got us to,the NFCCG—as well as take us out ofthe FA market at other positions, thats dangerous.  The risk may be too great.  Is any one  player worth that?  Is Cousins?  I dont know man, but I’m leaning “no”.
I agree with those who say that Cousins can throw an inopportune pick or fumble at the worst time, but I would also argue that this offense is going to make him look a lot better than he is. And those fumbles and picks tend to go way down in good offenses. Hell, this offense took a career backup and made him look like like an all pro. I think it will make Cousins look even better. 

That's part of the reason I'd really like to see Teddy get a chance in it. Nobody deserves it more than he does. And unlike Cousins, he's not mistake prone, and he's got more "come from behind" moxie than any of the other options. 

exactly maroon. Teddy deserves his shot more than ANYONE. The kid is a gem. But I guess if Zim and the coaches think his knee may not make it, then... and I love that kid more than anyone.
SOOO if Cousins is our guy, I guess we have to love our Cousins. Like you said, if we can take Keenum and make him an all-pro, give Bradpool his best year, I wonder what we can do with a guy who actually is a top-10+ QB? Especially when we at Cook to that? get another OL in that mix? DAMN!

what they said^^^