Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
President Trump’s Lies, the Definitive List
For every one I mentioned there are others....not just the "mission accomplished"...the vial that Colin Powell produced in the UN...the "coalition of the willing" WMDs...no wait...connection to Bin Laden....no wait....Saddam is a dictator.

The point being we have come to find political deception as palatable for some reason. 

We we keep swallowing tripe and asking for more

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
For every one I mentioned there are others....not just the "mission accomplished"...the vial that Colin Powell produced in the UN...the "coalition of the willing" WMDs...no wait...connection to Bin Laden....no wait....Saddam is a dictator.

The point being we have come to find political deception as palatable for some reason. 

We we keep swallowing tripe and asking for more
Absolutely... there are lies, I was just expanding on your original statement to broaden the discussion to encompass what I feel to be the complete picture. It creates a scenario where people can't even tell the truth, because no matter what they say they're called liars or stupid or both.

Framing things as lies that are truth, Framing truths as lies. Head is spinning...Like a bad ulcer, I have very little stomach left for politics or anything Washington anymore. Or the St Paul Capital for that matter. 

Its newer language, catchier catch phrases a few more sinister characters (i.e. Bannon and Sessions etc.) and a swamp that hasn't lost a drop of water in 100 days.

I never realized until The Donald how being as patriotic as I am means I am not a populist in any way. See, you never stop learning or learning about yourself!

Holding out hope for some young, brash and brilliant young man or woman to step to the forefront in 2020. I'm ready for another Camelot. 

Now we are resorting to pressing spam on my posts. HAHAHA Dude got issues.

Canthony, better to sit in silence and be thought the fool than to open your mouth an remove all doubt. 

Now, do you have anything pertinent to add to the thread? Or do you just want to play victim?

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
Having taught US History for almost 30 years, I've gotta tell you that I think the American public has just become accustomed to lies, "half-truths", and "Alternative facts" from our elected officials, and...it just doesn't matter to us any more. We've come to believe that lies merely are a by-product of being elected. Conservatives are wrong....Liberals are wrong...blah, blah...lather, rinse, repeat. We are just a bunch of sheep.

Some trace this tendency back to Nixon and Watergate which is the most obvious benchmark, but also Eisenhower denying our U2 was shot down in the USSR, Whitewater, "I didn't inhale", Iran-Contra, "Read my lips", "mission accomplished", "I invented the internet"...Both sides pander for votes, both sides lie. We don't bat an eyelash, there is no accountability for words any more. And if you question my argument.......I'll stand in the middle of a freeway to prove I'm right.

Sad to think that lying has become an expected practice in our plutocracy.  Lincoln once lamented that the country would decay from within, and the longer I've lived, the more correct he was. 

I don't think we will see an honest, intelligent, motivated and PRAGMATIC politician for some time. Anyone with a sense of morality wouldn't WANT to be a politician, and as bi-partisan as this nation has become people wouldn't recognize one anyway.

OK....fire away at me
No flames here. You're exactly right. But I would say it's far worse now than it's ever been. There is SO much information out there that it's becoming easier and easier to convince people that a truth is actually a lie and vice versa. Up is down, black is white, and right is wrong.

What surprises me is how easily people can be led to dismiss verifiable truths simply by telling them the source is biased. I'll believe a psycho like Alex Jones, or a sleazy, malware-infested website spewing drivel about pizzagate, but I won't believe those liberal bastards at the CBO, NPR, Politifact or FactCheck. I mean it's just nuts. Americans have checked their bullshit detectors at the door. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Canthony, better to sit in silence and be thought the fool than to open your mouth an remove all doubt. 

Now, do you have anything pertinent to add to the thread? Or do you just want to play victim?

Stop putting my shit as spam. Now you think you're untouchable. You aren't worth it.

Is this really what this board has evolved to?  Start a flame post and than Spam responses because you don't want opposing viewpoints?  Seems pretty childish to me.  Guess that's why I spend more time on the other board.  

I just tried to click on the spam logo and realized there was no explanation after clicking, just straight to a spam vote.....oops, sorry

Quote: @"Canthony" said:
SMH. Seriously
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:

Quote: @"Canthony" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:

Stop putting my shit as spam. Now you think you're untouchable. You aren't worth it.
you two knock it off or take it else where.  

Barr,  I think you've been warned to not just dump shit and wait for the explosion, if you dont have something to contribute then dont waste the time to post it on here.

CA, your response was absolutely worthless in terms of having an adult discussion so dont get pissed that somebody calls it spam.

consider this a verbal warning to clean it up in the ST board to both of you.