Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
President Trump’s Lies, the Definitive List

Wait....somebody told me just recently in the Longship that Trump is already 5-0, baby! Undefeated!

Didn't the Vikings start out 5-0?  :o

According to Kellyanne Conway they are "Alternative Facts"...and I believe her.

So...are we great again?

SMH. Seriously

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Wait....somebody told me just recently in the Longship that Trump is already 5-0, baby! Undefeated!

Apply cold water to the burned area.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:

HAHAHA   That was me "nutjob" Truth Hurts doesn't it?  
Still not tired of Winning....

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017...-lies.html
If the NYT was an honest unbiased newspaper, they would have run out of ink printing all the Obama and Clinton lies...

Having taught US History for almost 30 years, I've gotta tell you that I think the American public has just become accustomed to lies, "half-truths", and "Alternative facts" from our elected officials, and...it just doesn't matter to us any more. We've come to believe that lies merely are a by-product of being elected. Conservatives are wrong....Liberals are wrong...blah, blah...lather, rinse, repeat. We are just a bunch of sheep.

Some trace this tendency back to Nixon and Watergate which is the most obvious benchmark, but also Eisenhower denying our U2 was shot down in the USSR, Whitewater, "I didn't inhale", Iran-Contra, "Read my lips", "mission accomplished", "I invented the internet"...Both sides pander for votes, both sides lie. We don't bat an eyelash, there is no accountability for words any more. And if you question my argument.......I'll stand in the middle of a freeway to prove I'm right.

Sad to think that lying has become an expected practice in our plutocracy.  Lincoln once lamented that the country would decay from within, and the longer I've lived, the more correct he was. 

I don't think we will see an honest, intelligent, motivated and PRAGMATIC politician for some time. Anyone with a sense of morality wouldn't WANT to be a politician, and as bi-partisan as this nation has become people wouldn't recognize one anyway.

OK....fire away at me

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
Having taught US History for almost 30 years, I've gotta tell you that I think the American public has just become accustomed to lies, "half-truths", and "Alternative facts" from our elected officials, and...it just doesn't matter to us any more. We've come to believe that lies merely are a by-product of being elected. Conservatives are wrong....Liberals are wrong...blah, blah...lather, rinse, repeat. We are just a bunch of sheep.

Some trace this tendency back to Nixon and Watergate which is the most obvious benchmark, but also Eisenhower denying our U2 was shot down in the USSR, Whitewater, "I didn't inhale", Iran-Contra, "Read my lips", "mission accomplished", "I invented the internet"...Both sides pander for votes, both sides lie. We don't bat an eyelash, there is no accountability for words any more. And if you question my argument.......I'll stand in the middle of a freeway to prove I'm right.

Sad to think that lying has become an expected practice in our plutocracy.  Lincoln once lamented that the country would decay from within, and the longer I've lived, the more correct he was. 

I don't think we will see an honest, intelligent, motivated and PRAGMATIC politician for some time. Anyone with a sense of morality wouldn't WANT to be a politician, and as bi-partisan as this nation has become people wouldn't recognize one anyway.

OK....fire away at me
I think it's just as much an issue that people try to frame things as lies by taking them out of context. For example, Gore was not saying he invented the Internet; he clearly stated that he simply supported legislation that led to the creation of the Internet as we know it long before others in politics. And the "Mission Accomplished" banner was regarding that one ship's mission, which was accomplished. It's one thing to lie, it's (in my opinion) worse to try and make someone else look evil by intentionally mis-representing their position. 

Quote: @"Max" said:
I think it's just as much an issue that people try to frame things as lies by taking them out of context. For example, Gore was not saying he invented the Internet; he clearly stated that he simply supported legislation that led to the creation of the Internet as we know it long before others in politics. And the "Mission Accomplished" banner was regarding that one ship's mission, which was accomplished. It's one thing to lie, it's (in my opinion) worse to try and make someone else look evil by intentionally mis-representing their position. 
This is the most spot on post I've ever read in a political setting. THe mission accomplished thing was related to that ships quals at sea. had nothing to do with Bush's visit to the ship. And the Gore thing is spot on too. 

Ok I am out of here for another year again. 

Carry on guys keep it civil please!