Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: John DeFilipo Interview Must Wait?
I would think this is a pretty decent gig as O-coordinator of Minnesota because Zimmer is going to leave you alone to run the offense. Shurmur got the coveted NY Giants job because of such a strong showing and DeFilipo might benefit the same way or when Zimmer retires (he'll be 62 in June). DeFilipo would also have some excellent insight into Kirk Cousins having played him twice a year. 

I would guess if DeFilipo interviews well and wants the job, its his. He got Philly to waive the 10-day requirement and he's interviewing today so I would guess that shows his interest to some extent.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I would think this is a pretty decent gig as O-coordinator of Minnesota because Zimmer is going to leave you alone to run the offense. Shurmur got the coveted NY Giants job because of such a strong showing and DeFilipo might benefit the same way or when Zimmer retires (he'll be 62 in June). DeFilipo would also have some excellent insight into Kirk Cousins having played him twice a year. 

I would guess if DeFilipo interviews well and wants the job, its his. He got Philly to waive the 10-day requirement and he's interviewing today so I would guess that shows his interest to some extent.

I am not so sure why I am so intrigued with this guy. He wouldn't be able to call plays in Philly so I think he was done and voiced his opinion. He would have a great chance here in MN with Zimmer being able to show trust in his OC and coaches on the offensive side of the ball.
I also find it intriguing that he is interviewing on the day the Eagles have their parade. Seems to me, he probably has the job if that were the case.

Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer 1m1 minute ago
More
Busy day for Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo. He'll be at the parade down Broad this AM, interview for Vikings OC job tonight. Vikes are accommodating -- They'll meet in Philly, rather than MN, so he can participate in the festivities.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
More
Busy day for Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo. He'll be at the parade down Broad this AM, interview for Vikings OC job tonight. Vikes are accommodating -- They'll meet in Philly, rather than MN, so he can participate in the festivities.
Clearly you can read the tea leaves that the Vikings are motivated to get this taken care of. Whether that's because they view him as the favorite or they just want to have all the information to make a rationale decision is yet to be determined. As of yesterday they still really liked Stefanski. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
More
Clearly you can read the tea leaves that the Vikings are motivated to get this taken care of. Whether that's because they view him as the favorite or they just want to have all the information to make a rationale decision is yet to be determined. As of yesterday they still really liked Stefanski. 
Interesting and telling that Stef is giving them all this time. I can only speculate it's because he would MUCH rather get this job than the Giants job. And likely for the same reasons it appeals to Flip more than Philly or Indy. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
More
Clearly you can read the tea leaves that the Vikings are motivated to get this taken care of. Whether that's because they view him as the favorite or they just want to have all the information to make a rationale decision is yet to be determined. As of yesterday they still really liked Stefanski

This is just strange to me. I get that they're obviously very interested in DeFilippo, enough so that they're making Stefanski wait like this. I guess maybe Stefanski knows he's got an OC job wrapped up either here or the Giants which may be the reason he's willing to wait around.  I'd have to say that's very accommodating of both Stefanski and, more so, of Shurmur.
The one thing I do appreciate is that Shurmur is very complimentary of Stefanski and has a lot of confidence in him, or at least that's what you come away with when you read interviews and articles Shurmur has been quoted in. That makes me feel pretty good about him going forward if he gets the job rather than DeFilippo.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
More
Interesting and telling that Stef is giving them all this time. I can only speculate it's because he would MUCH rather get this job than the Giants job. And likely for the same reasons it appeals to Flip more than Philly or Indy. 
He's under contract so the Vikings would have to grant him his release to leave. They obviously won't do that until they have a final decision. Heck, even if they hire DeFilippo for the OC job they could force Stefanski to stay. I doubt they'd do that, but the Vikings have complete control of the situation. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
More
Yep, MB, I agree.  I would think the way Zim delegates the offensive decision making and playcalling it would be very attractive to any and all OC candidates.  Shurmur will most likely be calling plays, so that limits Stefanski (or any OC he hires).  The same could be said for DeFilippo.  Let's say the OC position opens up in Philly; he might very well want the Viking opportunity over being in Peterson's shadow.

I think Zim and RS are being very smart and diligent in their OC search.  I trust they're going to get a good one.

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
It's really a shitty move by the Eagles, IMO....Shurmer can interview while the season is still ongoing, yet DeFillipo can't AFTER the season is over?

horseshit.
Exactly.  Philly just being assholes like their fans.

Maybe Philly was/is trying to screw with Shurmur and the Giants knowing the effect it is having on them bringing  Stefanski in.

Just a thought.