Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Whom the Contract Tolls
yes^

The CBA is clear.  The contract tolls.  Teddy was on the PUP list during week 6.  There is no option in the CBA for the team to just say "nevermind". 

The only argument that Bridgewater's agent has is to say the he was physically able to perform his duties prior to week 6.  That may be the case, but I doubt it was true myself, and it would be difficult to prove.

It would make it easier for everyone if he either signs a contract with the Vikings or asks for his release.  With the questions surrounding his injury, and questions surrounding his ability if the injury wouldn't have happened, and now throwing in questions about his contract status _and_ the fact that the FA QB market is full of FA QBs this year, it seems to me that Bridgewater would be better off letting his contract toll and entering FA next year free and clear.  Unless he believes he's the best QB in the locker room, in which case his best option is to sign a short term incentive laden contract that escalates his pay should he win the option to start.

If you as a organization ave te medical exams and assessments to back it up---toll him and be done wit it