Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who's going to be the new OC?
Quote: @"VikeMike52" said:
Mayok raved about Stefanski while he was broadcasting at the Senior Bowl.  He likes him quite a bit and said he is ready.
All this talk that he's never called plays before and that's a negative is silly. Bill Belichik also never called defensive plays before at one time, etc. If you think the guy is smart and will flourish with more responsibility then you pull the trigger. Break out of the damn cycle of recycled OCs. 

McCoy is off the list,  he is going to AZ.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"VikeMike52" said:
Mayok raved about Stefanski while he was broadcasting at the Senior Bowl.  He likes him quite a bit and said he is ready.
All this talk that he's never called plays before and that's a negative is silly. Bill Belichik also never called defensive plays before at one time, etc. If you think the guy is smart and will flourish with more responsibility then you pull the trigger. Break out of the damn cycle of recycled OCs. 
Didn' he break out under Parcells?  Let' say he was terrible at calling plays, allspice the Tuna would have to do is take over play calling.

That's not the case with us, let's say he falls on his face.  I still Sparano taking over the play calling?

I think this is what is holding Zimmer up on his hire.

Quote: @"Bolstad79" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"VikeMike52" said:
Didn' he break out under Parcells?  Let' say he was terrible at calling plays, allspice the Tuna would have to do is take over play calling.

That's not the case with us, let's say he falls on his face.  I still Sparano taking over the play calling?

Why is their a 'hold up'? Its just the process of interviewing candidates and doing their due diligence. Its typical for hiring people for important positions. I don't see any delays, its just a normal process unfolding.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Bolstad79" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"VikeMike52" said:

Why is their a 'hold up'? Its just the process of interviewing candidates and doing their due diligence. Its typical for hiring people for important positions. I don't see any delays, its just a normal process unfolding.
Some of the interviews aren't even scheduled until next week so we just have to be patient. Zimmer needs to hit a home run with this hire. He can't afford to bring in another OC that turns into a Norv situation so as much as I want him to hire Stefanski, I understand kicking the tires on all of the candidates he has identified. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Sounds like Stefanski is the favorite for the job per someone I talked to. Zimmer will go through the process since you never know until you cast a wide net. 
I think this makes the most sense continuity wise...The guy has made it through three regimes, there's git to be something there...plus he'll get Cook back...Add a little more talent to the interior of the OL and we might take another step forward on O...
Agreed. I like the offense that Shurmur was developing in Minnesota and Stefanski is our best chance to continue building off of what Shurmur started. I also agree with Guru that Stefanski would be paired with an experienced play caller/passing game coordinator, but I'd like to see Stefanski at least try to take on the play calling duties.

Zimmer sure likes to hire former Head Coaches.  He values experience like his own so I think he hires someone who has already done OC for a long time.