Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painful but not as bad as 98 or 09.
I'm just numb

and the patriots will defeat the eagles with little to no problems.

Quote: @"Neptizzle" said:
the emotional high just had the “off”. we just looked gassed and not on the same level. our line was slow, we couldnt tackle, even foles!!!!, and the double moves dominated us. we were gassed.
completly agree Nep.

Did you guys realize the crazy disparity of Def 3rd down conversions from our 28% reg season to at 1 pt it was 80% they converted? In the 01 debacle it was 50%. You can't even steal signals and convert at 80%! That was a new level of horrible execution. I don't know a lot about tackling but I know you grab the guy on some part of his body and don't let go. They could have had no arms and tackled just as well!

A team most of us expected to go 8-8, lost Bradford and Cook early and still managed 13-3 and a miracle playoff win.  In perspective this loss didn't surprise me at all, I expected it all week especially with the hangover from last week, guys not sleeping for 2 days afterwards, etc.   I maybe didn't expect such a shellacking but a 14-20 point loss seemed likely.    My bigger concern is Zimmer doesn't look like a coach who can handle the pressure of big games.   Also next year's road schedule is brutal.   Shurmer gone.. qb to me is still a question mark.   13-3 might be real hard to repeat.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
A team most of us expected to go 8-8, lost Bradford and Cook early and still managed 13-3 and a miracle playoff win.  In perspective this loss didn't surprise me at all, I expected it all week especially with the hangover from last week, guys not sleeping for 2 days afterwards, etc.   I maybe didn't expect such a shellacking but a 14-20 point loss seemed likely.    My bigger concern is Zimmer doesn't look like a coach who can handle the pressure of big games.   Also next year's road schedule is brutal.   Shurmer gone.. qb to me is still a question mark.   13-3 might be real hard to repeat.
True about overcoming the early big injuries, and the biggest surprise to me was that there was no proof the OL would be as improved as it was (OK, until last night).
As for preparation: a week ago, these players and coaches all should have been thinking, "We really crapped the bed and let the Saints come back to beat us and we only moved to the NFCCG through a once-in-a-lifetime break, so we better fix our problems and be ready for a battle in Philadelphia."
If, OTOH, they were thinking - and Zimmer and staff let them think - something like, "We're a team of destiny, God won't let us lose.."....they are idiots.

I think Peterson completely surprised Zimmer and this defense with a pass first game plan led by Nick Foles who looked every bit as good as Tom Brady in his execution of the offense, his ability to move in the pocket and extend plays, and our Saints hangover from last week. Our defense looked like it was in a Fog the first time the Eagles got the ball and we were lucky to escape with a punt after their backup TE couldn't keep his feet in bounds to convert the 3rd and long. After the momentum changed with the Pick 6, the Eagles executed against our defense like a hot knife through butter. What's curious to me is that is seemed like the Vikings had no idea that the Eagles would try to pass the ball against us. It's like they got sucked into the media hype that the Eagles would pound their backs and Foles would sprinkle in some screens and short passes but didn't have the ability to beat us with his arm. Not only did he beat us, but if reminded me of the weak cover two pass defense that Frazier would play. 

Quote: @"comet52" said:
Thats the understatement of the year.  Its next to impossible to win 13 games in a season.  It tied for second for our best W/L in the history of the team. 

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
and the patriots will defeat the eagles with little to no problems.
^^^ 

YUP, agree...,