Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe in miracles?
What's that say about our psyches that so many of us stuck around to the bitter turned sweet end?

Quote: @"Scoog" said:
What's that say about our psyches that so many of us stuck around to the bitter turned sweet end?
I was at the game...Put my coat on when the D gave-up 4th and 10. Was prepared to walk out when the clock struck 00:00 with the good guys losing. 

Glad I didn't leave. Case didnt turn into a pumpkin lol!  But my dauber was down till that catch put Diggs into Viking hall of best plays ever. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Anyone know where that is at 1:38?
Timberwolves game maybe?

It got so loud in the house (the trophy wife was louder than me...I was mostly in disbelief), that both our dogs cowered and got scared.

Dogs hate close football games. The problem is you go 0 to 60 in a nano-second. So everyone was sitting their with their frowns on....it looked like a loss for sure....quiet resignation. Then the catch and absolute bedlam: screaming, jumping around, going apeshit when it was pure silence a second ago. The poor dogs don't know what the hell is happening, lol. Ours was barking and jumping on us, play-biting on my arms and legs....definitely stressful for him.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Dogs hate close football games. The problem is you go 0 to 60 in a nano-second. So everyone was sitting their with their frowns on....it looked like a loss for sure....quiet resignation. Then the catch and absolute bedlam: screaming, jumping around, going (apeshit )when it was pure silence a second ago. The poor dogs don't know what the hell is happening, lol. Ours was barking and jumping on us, play-biting on my arms and legs....definitely stressful for him.
∆∆∆
I can attest to this. I was at the game,first time at USB. I went from slumped over damn near in the fetal position from yet another dagger in the heart to full on "King Kong" mode! I was wearing my Diggs jersey and when the miracle started unfolding i leaped up, rared back,started screaming at the top of my lungs pounding the #14 on my chest with both fists!  Then the next thing i know the lady next to me jumps in my arms,she 's screaming,i'm screaming,she starts crying and then i start leaking tears of joy! 

Next to the births of my daughter and my two grandsons,it was the happiest moment of my life!!!

Quote: @"Movikx" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Dogs hate close football games. The problem is you go 0 to 60 in a nano-second. So everyone was sitting their with their frowns on....it looked like a loss for sure....quiet resignation. Then the catch and absolute bedlam: screaming, jumping around, going (apeshit )when it was pure silence a second ago. The poor dogs don't know what the hell is happening, lol. Ours was barking and jumping on us, play-biting on my arms and legs....definitely stressful for him.
∆∆∆
I can attest to this. I was at the game,first time at USB. I went from slumped over damn near in the fetal position from yet another dagger in the heart to full on "King Kong" mode! I was wearing my Diggs jersey and when the miracle started unfolding i leaped up, rared back,started sereaming at the top of my lungs pounding the #14 on my chest with both fists!  Then the next thing i know the lady next to me jumps in my arms,she 's screaming,i'm screaming,she starts crying and then i start leaking tears of joy! 

Next to the births of my daughter and my two grandsons,it was the happiest moment of my life!!!
Wow, you picked a hell of a 1st game @ USB. It's forever one of the top 3 to 5 games there to ever be played...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Movikx" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
∆∆∆
I can attest to this. I was at the game,first time at USB. I went from slumped over damn near in the fetal position from yet another dagger in the heart to full on "King Kong" mode! I was wearing my Diggs jersey and when the miracle started unfolding i leaped up, rared back,started sereaming at the top of my lungs pounding the #14 on my chest with both fists!  Then the next thing i know the lady next to me jumps in my arms,she 's screaming,i'm screaming,she starts crying and then i start leaking tears of joy! 

Wow, you picked a hell of a 1st game @ USB. It's forever one of the top 3 to 5 games there to ever be played...
An email from Viking rewards about early access to the game turned into the  trip of my lifetime! After i got the email i was telling my wife how awesome it would be if my first trip to USB was the first ever playoff game there. Needless to say i was shocked when she said: " go for it, its been a  long time since you got away...!" 

After hitting refresh several times the morning of the early order i was lucky enough to get in and i got a ticket in the lower bowl.  

I got in town friday evening and it was the beginning of a perfect weekend. I went to the hotel bar friday night and there was one seat left at the end of the bar... So I ask the guy next to it if anyone was sitting there,and if not, if it was ok if i sat there...

Turns out i was sitting next 5 season ticket holders and the next thing i know they welcomed me into their group and they're hauling me  all over town with them...to their watering holes and back n' forth from the game,etc... 

I couldn't have had a better Trip! The game turned out to one of historic proportion, and i met some great new friends!!!  

I'm now a firm believer of "everything happens for a reason!"

Quote: @"Movikx" said:

An email from Viking rewards about early access to the game turned into the  trip of my lifetime! After i got the email i was telling my wife how awesome it would be if my first trip to USB was the first ever playoff game there. Needless to say i was shocked when she said: " go for it, its been a  long time since you got away...!" 

After hitting refresh several times the morning of the early order i was lucky enough to get in and i got a ticket in the lower bowl.  

I got in town friday evening and it was the beginning of a perfect weekend. I went to the hotel bar friday night and there was one seat left at the end of the bar... So I ask the guy next to it if anyone was sitting there,and if not, if it was ok if i sat there...

Turns out i was sitting next 5 season ticket holders and the next thing i know they welcomed me into their group and they're hauling me  all over town with them...to their watering holes and back n' forth from the game,etc... 

I couldn't have had a better Trip! The game turned out to one of historic proportion, and i met some great new friends!!!  

I'm now a firm believer of "everything happens for a reason!"
Wow...  that's a hell of a first trip to U.S. Bank Stadium!!!  Glad you had a great time, my man!!!
BOOM

On Wednesday morning I was discussing the game with someone at work. She went to the game with her husband, a long time season ticket holder. His friends who normally have the other seats didn't go so she went.  With a couple of minutes left, her husband was so upset that he put his coat on and said 'we're leaving'. He didn't want to witness another big loss. So, they walked out. She said they were outside of the stadium when they heard the crowd go nuts. A woman was in her car and honking her horn in celebration. So, they ran over to the car and asked "What happened?!?". The woman just screamed "WE WON!!!!!"

Ouch. 

On the other hand, the couple to the left of me was attending their very first Vikings game ever. The husband is a lifelong fan. My guess is they were in their 70's. They picked a great game to attend.