Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappointed the Eagles pulled it out...
If Minnesota can get to Philly, which will be hard enough, that Philly D is stout. And if the outside conditions are windy, sleety or rainy, that will be difficult for weak armed Keenum. 

If the mighty purple can make it to the Superbowl, they will most definitely have earned it. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
If Minnesota can get to Philly, which will be hard enough, that Philly D is stout. And if the outside conditions are windy, sleety or rainy, that will be difficult for weak armed Keenum. 

If the mighty purple can make it to the Superbowl, they will most definitely have earned it. 
still a lot to happen to get to philly,   but the forcast for game day is partly sunny with mild winds and temps in the 50s.

the field should be much better also in those temps as its supposed to rain tuesday which would take any frost out of it that might have formed from this cold snap (not sure if they have it heated... probably do)  but then there will be several days of sun and increasing temps to firm it back up.  should be a good track unless they play games with it like the bears do.

There's no NFC that concerns me...last night was a ringing endorsement of the sentiments that I've held for several weeks now...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
There's no NFC that concerns me...last night was a ringing endorsement of the sentiments that I've held for several weeks now...
the saints wont beat us today,  nor will the iggles beat us next week,  the only way this team isnt in the superbowl in 3 weeks is if the Vikings beat themselves... thats the only NFC team they have to concern themselves with.  If everybody goes out and does their job,  not trying to do more than the scheme asks of them,  this team is unbeatable.

Eagles snuck by IMO.  They got lucky that Atlanta couldn’t get a TD from the 9 yard line in four plays.  Falcons totally pissed it down the legs, much like the Super Bowl collapse.  Atlanta buckled under the “this can’t be happening again” pressure of losing a game that they should have won.  All those “choke” jokes from 98 came home to roost during last year’s Super Bowl and they still haven’t recovered.  Philly’s D didn’t do much of anything to stop them on those final plays... just bad play calls/execution by the dirty birds.   Fourth down,, last chance and they roll their QB out... effectively taking away half the field from the QB.  Condensing the area that needs to be defended in an already limited zone since the play started at the 2 yard line.  Bad design unless you flood that area with more recievers than they have defenders.  There wasn’t,,, the falcons ran two WR out against 3 defender... Technically 5 defenders but the other two stayed close to the LOS to gaurd against a late releasing TE or RB.  Which by design they weren’t going to do.  The TE stayed in to block and the RB took a dive at a rushers legs and sat on his ass and watched his QB panic.  Just a terrble play to call in that situation.  

Atlanta choked. Not surprised. They are feeling the loss of their OC. 

Well we won't have to hear any yammering about us winning because we had home field advantage throughout
I also think Case is strong enough to throw a forward pass outdoors...eye roll & sheesh...