Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those living in "Weed is legal states"
Quote: @"Purplemachine" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Purplemachine" said:
Can't edit. Would add. I can't get the attraction. 

Do you see a little gear next to your post count? 
Actually no. It doesn't show up on this particular device. But that's ok.
Same plane as your post count but all the way to the right for me is the gear thing.  Look there

Quote: @"Viking Bob" said:
@"Purplemachine" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Purplemachine" said:
Can't edit. Would add. I can't get the attraction. 

Do you see a little gear next to your post count? 
Actually no. It doesn't show up on this particular device. But that's ok.
Same plane as your post count but all the way to the right for me is the gear thing.  Look there
Yeah. It shows up on my laptop, but not on my tablet. No biggy. Thanks anyhow.

Outdated, sagging Colorado schools get $300 million boost from pot sales, other taxeshttp://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/09/colorado-schools-get-300-million-boost-from-pot-sales/

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Outdated, sagging Colorado schools get $300 million boost from pot sales, other taxeshttp://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/09/colorado-schools-get-300-million-boost-from-pot-sales/
I figured there'd be some stories like this. The new wave of tax revenue is tempting as hell for $ starved states. Lots of causes waiting for $$.

It's probably the one, main reason so many states are considering laxer laws. That and changing public opinion and perception.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Curious as to what changes have you seen since the laws on use and possession changed? 

Good or bad...
Nothing bad up here in Washington.  Even though I haven't indulged in weed since Bush I was starting his presidency, I've been strongly against the ridiculous over-prosecution and complete joke that is the position of weed next to smack with the DEA.

It's better for anxiety and certain pains than most prescription drugs, and the reasons it's illegal at the federal level can be traced to for-profit prisons and big pharma.

Quote: @"Zanary" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Curious as to what changes have you seen since the laws on use and possession changed? 

Good or bad...
Nothing bad up here in Washington.  Even though I haven't indulged in weed since Bush I was starting his presidency, I've been strongly against the ridiculous over-prosecution and complete joke that is the position of weed next to smack with the DEA.

It's better for anxiety and certain pains than most prescription drugs, and the reasons it's illegal at the federal level can be traced to for-profit prisons and big pharma.
Exactly. Veterans with PTSD have also found it helpful for relief as opposed to a multiple prescription cocktail that is often prescribed. Dr. Suzanne Sisley has been doing great work and research in this area. 

I do not smoke weed, but dont care if others do, just respect the people around you when doing so,  not everyone enjoys that smell 

Quote: @"Viking Bob" said:
I do not smoke weed, but dont care if others do, just respect the people around you when doing so,  not everyone enjoys that smell 
No kidding,  it really smells like a rotten ass /BO cocktail. Confused

A family member just had some surgery and really minimized their use of opioid pain killers.  The first two weeks after the procedure they had to stay ahead of the pain and scheduled the dosage by time, and was just totally out of it.  As soon as it was on an as needed basis, they really wanted to participate in things like conversations, reading and watching TV, none of which they could do on prescription pain meds.  Just night and day difference being around and much easier to stay in control.  Not advocating surgery, but if that's what it takes, may be worth a try. Wink