Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those living in "Weed is legal states"
Curious as to what changes have you seen since the laws on use and possession changed? 

Good or bad...

Don't smoke it so don't really care. 

I guess I tried it about 40 years ago....I don't smoke regular stuff and could never get past that choking feeling. Not for me. Just get the attraction. 

Can't edit. Would add. I can't get the attraction. 

Quote: @"Purplemachine" said:

Do you see a little gear next to your post count? 

The sale of Funyuns have skyrocketed. :-)

Seriously though, couple things.... 

1. Traffic has exploded because of all the people moving to Colorado. Colorado's economy is booming. When I moved here in '95, people said if there was one or two cranes downtown, then the economy was healthy. I counted 17 cranes downtown the other day. Opinion on how much legalization has contributed to this is divided. 

2. Smoke shops on every corner. Throw a rock in any direction in my neighborhood and you'll likely hit one. 

3. You smell it more. Use to only smell it at concerts, etc., but now you get occasional wafts of it nearly everywhere. 

That's about it. If it has impacted crime or driving issues, it hasn't been enough to notice. One thing I did hear about is more ER trips due to edibles, which I've heard can be pretty dangerous. 

Yeah. Nothing beats that smell when you are driving behind Cheech and Chong with your kid in the truck with you, by the time we get to where we were going he is half a sleep   I thought it being legalized but still had to be not in public?? Driving and smoking is different how than drinking and driving?? 

I have friends in Washington and Colorado and they keep telling me about how many people move there to help their kids. Both seem like great places to live. I am curious how it's working in Nevada.

Looks like Nevada is running out of weed, Governor steps in.

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2017/07/0...452606001/

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Purplemachine" said:

Do you see a little gear next to your post count? 
Actually no. It doesn't show up on this particular device. But that's ok.