Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The QB Controversy That Shouldn't Be
Quote: @"Zanary" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
 And he keeps comparing 2015 TB to 2017 CK, which is absurd in a serious analysis. But whatever....I'm all for Case keeping his mojo going....            
There's really no real game footage of TB to use after the 2015 season.

I do wonder where the kid is at in his development, and how he'd be doing for us...but the truth is that Case is currently better than Teddy has proven to be.  It's not apples to oranges as it's a new system, and Case is older/more experienced...but yeah, it's a mess.
Barr put it best when comparing Teddy 15 to Case 17... its apples and circuit boards.

I would think until Teddy actually accomplishes what Keenum has done so far this year there is no comparing. Speculating what could be is nice, but actually doing it is what counts.
Right now I'm just happy with winning - one game at a time.
All the awards Case is getting is just an added bonus.

Like Norse says, its all speculation.  

I like Teddy.  His last game he made three very i pressive throws back to back that made me think he had made a giant leap forward in capability and understanding.  He had often showed us flashes of what he could be but it seemed he finally was ready.
And then the knee...  That knee scares me.  What a freakshow.  What does that say about him?  How does any pro athlete... much less an NFL starting QB have that happen in a non contact drill?  Is he physically that flawed?  Its unprecendented.

ut i also give him credit for the crappy teams he played for.  The predictable run blitzes, the terrible O lines, the crappy receiver corps and the lousy defenses and he still managed to look impressive at times.

The Bradford situation is different but similar in some ways.

Meanwhile Case is a happy blessing that I am glad to stick with.  Keep showing us the money Case.

Quote: @"Poiple" said:
Like Norse says, its all speculation.  

I like Teddy.  His last game he made three very i pressive throws back to back that made me think he had made a giant leap forward in capability and understanding.  He had often showed us flashes of what he could be but it seemed he finally was ready.
And then the knee...  That knee scares me.  What a freakshow.  What does that say about him?  How does any pro athlete... much less an NFL starting QB have that happen in a non contact drill?  Is he physically that flawed?  Its unprecendented.

ut i also give him credit for the crappy teams he played for.  The predictable run blitzes, the terrible O lines, the crappy receiver corps and the lousy defenses and he still managed to look impressive at times.

The Bradford situation is different but similar in some ways.

Meanwhile Case is a happy blessing that I am glad to stick with.  Keep showing us the money Case.
Lousy Defenses???
They allowed more than 21 points 4 times in 2015
They allowed less than 18 points 8 times

Crappy Receivers??? Not their fault he only threw to them, when they were WIDE open.
Diggs 13.8 yards per reception
Wright 13.0
Wallace 12.1
Thielen 12.0
Rudolph 10.1 (granted he was a pro bowler with Ponder)