Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From BongBreath at that other forum...It's a good one!
That was awesome. 

Feisty. Competitive. Prepared. Mobile. Accurate. 

To me, he reminds me a ton of Jeff Garcia. 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
Not to get too far over the tips of the skis as they say, but the career trajectory is becoming reminiscent of Kurt Warner's. The thing is, Case is probably a lot more athletic, with less arm. Both seem to be living a pretty charmed life of being in the right place at the right time, in the right system, with the right supporting cast.
Whoa...I think you just nailed it...Warner kicks around for a bit...then due to injury finds himself in a perfect storm of the right OC, in the right scheme, with the right chess pieces...now, Case isn't benefiting from a couple HOF caliber skill position players, but he's being just as effective...

The guy I was going to compare Keenum to was Baker Mayfield due to their similar statue, mobility in the pocket, and their tendency to focus on primary reads...but your comp is better...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@mgobluevikes said:
Not to get too far over the tips of the skis as they say, but the career trajectory is becoming reminiscent of Kurt Warner's. The thing is, Case is probably a lot more athletic, with less arm. Both seem to be living a pretty charmed life of being in the right place at the right time, in the right system, with the right supporting cast.
Whoa...I think you just nailed it...Warner kicks around for a bit...then due to injury finds himself in a perfect storm of the right OC, in the right scheme, with the right chess pieces...now, Case isn't benefiting from a couple HOF caliber skill position players, but he's being just as effective...

The guy I was going to compare Keenum to was Baker Mayfield due to their similar statue, mobility in the pocket, and their tendency to focus on primary reads...but your comp is better...
I dont think this is as prevalent as it once was...I think he's eyes downfield well and scanning the field too. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@mgobluevikes said:

I dont think this is as prevalent as it once was...I think he's eyes downfield well and scanning the field too. 
Definitely improving...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@purplefaithful said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
@mgobluevikes said:

Definitely improving...
And that's all we can ask/hope for...Not saying he's Montana, but playing to a degree I feel confident going into just about any game. Including the next 2 tough ones. 

let us get over needing a super star QB to win a Super Bowl

Doug Williams started 3 games and played like garbage in the championship
No one believed Jeff Hostedler, Mark Rypian, Tom Brady, were premier QBs as they lead their team to the promised land. Eli lead the league in INTs in 2007 when they upset the Pats

Case, this running game, our WRs, this defense can win a Super Bowl. Period. Every year elite QBs dont even make the playoffs, we dont need elite, we just need consistent

What more can you ask for? It's the perfect set of circumstances. It's the combination of OL, offensive weapons and the guy under center. I love how the comments changed from we know his ceiling to he is playing unbelievably well right now and should be your starter. Is it unsustainable because it never happened before or is it sustainable because he found a whole other level? Have to give credit to Keenum for making the most of the opportunity. I love that video.

Quote: @Skodin said:
let us get over needing a super star QB to win a Super Bowl

Doug Williams started 3 games and played like garbage in the championship
No one believed Jeff Hostedler, Mark Rypian, Tom Brady, were premier QBs as they lead their team to the promised land. Eli lead the league in INTs in 2007 when they upset the Pats

Case, this running game, our WRs, this defense can win a Super Bowl. Period. Every year elite QBs dont even make the playoffs, we dont need elite, we just need consistent
Defense has to play a little better than what we've seen lately. But a win is a win is a win. They're not going to shut everyone down cold like the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens. Game has changed a lot since then. 

we have both a top 10 possibly top 5 O and D, what more could you ask for... This team is clicking, that's what matters. Our OL can block, our WRs are very good, our RBs do what they have too. Case is mobile and has a feeling for both the pocket and making plays. Our D is awesome. Now, if only our STs could stop sucking; however, the 1 game we needed them (Ravens) they were there. Its just been that kind of year. But vs Det, those blocks shouldn't have counted because you CANNOT lineup over the longsnapper or push him over, yet that's what they did!?? just another miss by the refs.