Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's got the higher ceiling? Why?
Quote: @Jor-El said:
@Bezerker88 said:
Adam can stay healthy so he does.  Thielen seems to "go get" the ball a bit better too.  But maybe I'm forgetting some of Diggs excellent plays. 

Plus Adam is 3 inches taller so his ceilings should be higher...  =)
LOL, the Vikings list Thielen as 6'3" now? Funny, he was 6'1" at the Regional Combine in 2013 and I think they had him listed at 6'2" last year. He'll be Harold Carmichael before he retires.

Thielen is 27, in physical prime of his career. We are probably seeing his "ceiling" right now, and I don't know if the term is very important regarding him, because we should all be past the point of talking about his potential. He's there, he made it. With Diggs, we're still talking about potential.

Adam Thielen is the Vikings' best WR since Randy Moss. It still shocks me a bit to say it, but seriously - who else?
Sid Rice was pretty good too...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Jor-El said:
@Bezerker88 said:
Adam can stay healthy so he does.  Thielen seems to "go get" the ball a bit better too.  But maybe I'm forgetting some of Diggs excellent plays. 

LOL, the Vikings list Thielen as 6'3" now? Funny, he was 6'1" at the Regional Combine in 2013 and I think they had him listed at 6'2" last year. He'll be Harold Carmichael before he retires.

Thielen is 27, in physical prime of his career. We are probably seeing his "ceiling" right now, and I don't know if the term is very important regarding him, because we should all be past the point of talking about his potential. He's there, he made it. With Diggs, we're still talking about potential.

Adam Thielen is the Vikings' best WR since Randy Moss. It still shocks me a bit to say it, but seriously - who else?

......for one season. If he has any money left he should be sending thank you cards to Favre a few times a year.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Jor-El said:
@Bezerker88 said:

Yes, one season, then injured. I suppose Thielen could get hurt and disappear as well, but if not, it seems pretty clear he is our best since Moss; one more catch to match Rice's career total (146) as a Viking. And Rice never gained more than 400 yards for us aside from 2009. I know the Keenum debates are raging hard, but I think it's safe to say that excelling with Case Keenum as your QB is much more impressive than doing so with Brett Favre (in one of the best seasons of his career).