Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to extend Keenum
Quote: @Bolstad79 said:

If I were him it definitely would have to be a Mike Glennon type deal for me to leave, if the Vikings were to offer him a nice deal to be the Backup he would probably consider it. At some point you would think he wants to put down some roots.
It's possible - but has anyone read any articles about native Texans Case and Kimberly Keenum falling in love with the community and climate of Minnesota? 

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@Bolstad79 said:

If I were him it definitely would have to be a Mike Glennon type deal for me to leave, if the Vikings were to offer him a nice deal to be the Backup he would probably consider it. At some point you would think he wants to put down some roots.
It's possible - but has anyone read any articles about native Texans Case and Kimberly Keenum falling in love with the community and climate of Minnesota? 
in fairness... i am betting there are no articles on them falling in love with big fat stacks of cash either... but thats where my guess goes.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Bolstad79 said:
I don't know, will he get offers to start? Probably, but will he be the QB of the future for that team?  At some point you would think he would want to Settle in to a city for more than a year or two.

you would take a 3 years @ 3 million per deal over a 2 year @10 million per?  I see some team that drafts a QB of the future going after Keenum to bridge that gap between now and when the rookie would be ready.  I actually wouldnt be surprised to see Shurmur get a HC offer if the offense continues to impress and if it is a team without a future QB that he would try and take Keenum with him.
So you don't think he's earned  top of the back up type money?

He should  be in the Foles, Schaub type money, 4.5 to 6. So a 3 years at 15 might be more enticing than a 2 year 10 in Say Cleveland getting the future  starter ready.

I don't know I'm, I'm just saying there are some starting jobs, that might not look as good as a high paying backup job.

Backups  next year that will be getting paid this off season Aj McCarron, Jimmy Garapalo, I'm sure Bradford will be getting a 1 year deal to compete for the starter.  Probably  2 or 3 rookies drafted  to work towards starting. 

Quote: @Bolstad79 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Bolstad79 said:
I don't know, will he get offers to start? Probably, but will he be the QB of the future for that team?  At some point you would think he would want to Settle in to a city for more than a year or two.

you would take a 3 years @ 3 million per deal over a 2 year @10 million per?  I see some team that drafts a QB of the future going after Keenum to bridge that gap between now and when the rookie would be ready.  I actually wouldnt be surprised to see Shurmur get a HC offer if the offense continues to impress and if it is a team without a future QB that he would try and take Keenum with him.
So you don't think he's earned  top of the back up type money?

He should  be in the Foles, Schaub type money, 4.5 to 6. So a 3 years at 15 might be more enticing than a 2 year 10 in Say Cleveland getting the future  starter ready.

I don't know I'm, I'm just saying there are some starting jobs, that might not look as good as a high paying backup job.

Backups  next year that will be getting paid this off season Aj McCarron, Jimmy Garapalo, I'm sure Bradford will be getting a 1 year deal to compete for the starter.  Probably  2 or 3 rookies drafted  to work towards starting. 
no... i dont think the Vikings are going to be offering a back up QB top money when they have so many other starting positions to pay in the near future.  IMO top back up money is for teams with questions at QB1.  If they keep Teddy as their starter they have made up their mind,  now if Teddy is a question mark... well then Keenums contract is open for discussion,  but assuming Teddy is who many hope he is.. well that really leaves no room for a high paid back up.

i actually wonder about Sam taking a nice back up contract some where.  reality has to be hitting home with him, if he wants to stay in the game he really needs to consider limiting his exposure.