Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was with all the illegal formation penalties last night? Game observations....
(09-06-2024, 04:56 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Does the NFL have to f%$# around every year with some new tweak to the rules? Aggravating. Also....may as well just put the refs in Chief's jerseys. Brutal.

p.s. what a tough way to miss out on a TD:

[Image: GWw7HVGWkAAFHUv?format=jpg&name=small]

Reminds me of Jake Reed's td in that miracle comeback at the Giants in 97. Good thing we didn't have replay back then or... no miracle. Sad

I was in Hawaii visiting my brother so I had to get up for the 7 a.m. kickoff. Then I turned it off in disgust after a while. Another Denny playoff debacle. I turned it back on when there was about 5 minutes left and it still looked awful. Down 9 under 2 minutes to go, how he won that game managing the clock like that I'll never know, but it did turn into one of those rare amazing Viking memories that I still enjoy pulling up the video of once in a while.

(09-06-2024, 10:40 AM)hogjowlsjohnny Wrote: I'm not sure but I think Taylor Swift was!

She's a lovely woman in her mid-30's...it's about time that her shape started filling out.  I can't say enough about her positive messaging to bazillions of young girls (and their mothers and of course BF's and the naturally accompanying Dad's to these Swifty concerts).

Seriously though. she is a rare role model. I'm going to refrain from making any body positive remarks about her, but I think she and Travis make a seriously good couple, a couple of overachieves (flashback...Travis and his brother Jason both on the Cincinnatti Bearcats football squad...squishy at best). 

Some of us are late bloomers.  Bless the late bloomers.
[-] The following 2 users Like Montana Tom's post:

(09-06-2024, 12:17 PM)comet52 Wrote: Reminds me of Jake Reed's td in that miracle comeback at the Giants in 97.  Good thing we didn't have replay back then or... no miracle. Sad

I was in Hawaii visiting my brother so I had to get up for the 7 a.m. kickoff.  Then I turned it off in disgust after a while.  Another Denny playoff debacle.  I turned it back on when there was about 5 minutes left and it still looked awful.  Down 9 under 2 minutes to go, how he won that game managing the clock like that I'll never know, but it did turn into one of those rare amazing Viking memories that I still enjoy pulling up the video of once in a while.

Yes, Denny saying he knew punting at the end with little time left was the right decision takes the cake.