Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was with all the illegal formation penalties last night? Game observations....
Does the NFL have to f%$# around every year with some new tweak to the rules? Aggravating. Also....may as well just put the refs in Chief's jerseys. Brutal.

p.s. what a tough way to miss out on a TD:

[Image: GWw7HVGWkAAFHUv?format=jpg&name=small]

Just what the NFL needs...more ticky-tac penalties. They certainly do their best to make it an unwatchable product
[-] The following 2 users Like supafreak84's post:

(09-06-2024, 04:56 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Does the NFL have to f%$# around every year with some new tweak to the rules? Aggravating. Also....may as well just put the refs in Chief's jerseys. Brutal.

p.s. what a tough way to miss out on a TD:

[Image: GWw7HVGWkAAFHUv?format=jpg&name=small]

I found this rule change or the the enforcement of this rule utterly stupid. Even when they showed replays I was like "What".

Definitely a heartbreaking last play for the Ravens.

[Image: GWwe7gtXcAAlS_E?format=jpg&name=small]
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

if this is in reference to the OTs having to actually be up on the OG, that always been a rule IIRC, just has been ignored for a long time. It has been getting pretty stupid with the OTs at times being a full yard behind the LOS as the stagger from C to G and then another stagger from G to OT, this gives them a huge edge on the DEs when it comes to getting set up for a speedier pass rusher.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

(09-06-2024, 09:15 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: if this is in reference to the OTs having to actually be up on the OG,  that always been a rule IIRC, just has been ignored for a long time.  It has been getting pretty stupid with the OTs at times being a full yard behind the LOS as the stagger from C to G and then another stagger from G to OT,  this gives them a huge edge on the DEs when it comes to getting set up for a speedier pass rusher.

Having a rule, but not enforcing it, then suddenly enforcing that rule is just like having a new rule. There's no difference.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(09-06-2024, 09:18 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Having a rule, but not enforcing it, then suddenly enforcing that rule is just like having a new rule. There's no difference.

if teams were informed that this would be a point of emphasis, and it was applied pretty evenly, then its a good thing, they also need to be looking at the motion guys moving towards the LOS at the snap, I've seen that getting about as lax as an offensive lineman getting called for holding if he wears a green jersey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

The teams were informed this summer that the ref's were going to enforce the line-up of the OL. It should not have been a surprise to Harbaugh or Reid.

I am for it - it's one way to give some leverage back to the DL in a league that has swayed way over to offense.

Brutal way for the Ravens to lose.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

Another observation: is Mahomes getting a little chunky? He looked dumpier than usual.

(09-06-2024, 09:49 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Another observation: is Mahomes getting a little chunky? He looked dumpier than usual.

I'm not sure but I think Taylor Swift was!