Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roll Call
Portage, Indiana (NW Indiana)
Fan since 1973 when a friend gave me a team photo of the Vikings.

Hate the Bears, Saints, Cowboys, Packers, Eagles
[-] The following 1 user Likes Riphawkins's post:

Whitefish, Montana in the shadow of Glacier National Park. Grew up in holstein dairy cows, corn and soybean country in McLeod County Minnesota (about an hour west of Mpls on US 212). Yeah, while I remember Tark's early years, I really became a fan with Joe Kapp. I moved to Michigan's UP (ya sure, I became a Yooper, married and had kids up there, among all the Packer and Lions fans), but then moved to the mountains of Colorado...(logical, eh?). So far, all pre-internet. I remember (after my first wife divorced me and I was dating a hot lady in Denver...that I stopped our intimacy for a Vikings game...Rich Gannon was QB I think). Hey, don't blame me...I had priorities! But I went to enough Bronco games that I became familiar enough, shall I say, to root for them in the Super Bowl? It helped that my boss had luxury box seats at Mile High Stadium back in the day. Yeah, I had to take a shower, but it felt good when they won with Elway...not once but twice. Then I decided that Colorado had too many people from Texas so I moved North, nearly to the Canada and Idaho border almost three decades ago. The marvel of the internet (and sports bars) have allowed me to join other Viking fans wearing our purple jerseys on game day. It's a much better experience than NFL Sunday Ticket, because you can share great wins (BAAOOOO!) and commiserate the sucky days with others who share the same ilk.
Having said too much, I really hate the Cowboys no matter what. The AFC is somewhat of an enigma to me. Packers suck and Bears have been a comedy troupe. My wife is from the Chicago 'burbs and she wears her Vikings gear any Sunday, except those two days a year when we play the Bears...and then we draw a big white line down the middle of the carpet in front of the old big screen TV...me on one side and her on the other.
Gotta say, isn't having a team to root for better than those that have no clue what it means? (Talking about my brothers...they are not sports fans...not sure how that happened!)