Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaren Hall a Seahawk...
(09-03-2024, 08:29 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: I think the Vikings wanted him back but this was a huge favor to Hall. Vikings have their developmental QB. He also happens to be their starter (in 2025). The path to becoming a starter is much cleaner in Seattle.

But we could have 2 developmental QBs since JJM isn't counting on our roster right now, but Rypien is.

The more swings you take, the more chances you get at hitting a home run.  Rypien provides no advantages over Hall.  We went from having a decent backup and a developmental guy to a decent backup and a shitty backup with no future.

I'm not sure Hall is better off in Seattle than here.  I think he's best off at a place that develops QBs well, and I guess I'm not sure who's better at developing QBs, us or them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes medaille's post:

well, he would have been QB3 here, and possibly QB2 next year as IIRC both of our other 2 are on 1 year deals. Not that it matters, he's gone, but I think he would have been useful to have kept around with the uncertainty of the other 2s future here, and their higher contract costs. However I dont know if he is just snake bitten, or injury prone, but not finishing that last game had me thinking back to last year and wondering about his durability.

Weird. Didn't Hall fail a physical a couple day ago?

(09-03-2024, 12:37 PM)1VikesFan Wrote: Weird. Didn't Hall fail a physical a couple day ago?

That was Fast Kenne, was claimed by the saints but then failed the turn your head and cough.

Word is Hall asked for his release. Thought he was better than Mullens and didn't want to be QB3. Not sure if that's true, but it explains why he was cut and not added to our practice squad and immediately went somewhere else.
[-] The following 2 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

With drafting JJ I think that Hall was in a no win situation. Probably time for a fresh start.
And there was no guarantee what number QB he would have been next year.
KOC has had him on the team for 18 months. Plenty of time to evaluate what they had.

(09-02-2024, 06:55 PM)Bullazin Wrote: I like Jaren a lot but he has a long way to go to be a  solid #2. It was just a numbers game I suppose. KOC and Mccown must want a QB room that can help the #1.  That won’t be Hall. 

What bothers me is that as a 5th with not prototypical skills, you would think we would commit to his development as a long term #2.

Agree, looks like another wasted draft pick but many picks after round 3 are complete fliers. We seem to be doing better in the UDFA arena then later draft.  

Question for those in the know:  Did Kwesi bring in a whole new scouting team?

Rypian freaking sucks. There are so many better options out there. I saw Hall as the kind of guy who could develop into a TJack type of player which is nice to have for a backup.

This decision was stupid and short sighted in my opinion.

(09-03-2024, 08:17 PM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: Word is Hall asked for his release.  Thought he was better than Mullens and didn't want to be QB3.  Not sure if that's true, but it explains why he was cut and not added to our practice squad and immediately went somewhere else.

Well, he may be right. He might be better than Mullens. Either way, I would have kept him with there being a legit chance he could see time this year.

(09-05-2024, 10:58 AM)Havoc Wrote: Rypian freaking sucks. There are so many better options out there. I saw Hall as the kind of guy who could develop into a TJack type of player which is nice to have for a backup.

reports are the Hall asked to be released, if he still thinks he has QB1 potential then it wouldnt have worked for him to stay.

(09-05-2024, 10:58 AM)Havoc Wrote: Rypian freaking sucks. There are so many better options out there. I saw Hall as the kind of guy who could develop into a TJack type of player which is nice to have for a backup.

ITs QB3 and hopefully he'll never see the field as a Viking 

I think there is a RAms/McVay connection

IF we're snake-bit enough to play QB3 again? I am pivoting fast to draft position for 25.