Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaren Hall a Seahawk...

Thought Hall played really well the last pre season game, he knows the offense after being in it for two years, I really have no idea what we are doing here choosing Rypien over him, this and Gaskin on the PS do not make any sense to me.

Hall only could look consistently good against backups, and apparently had some injury from his last game.

I know he was pissed at the demotion to PS, partially because that meant a massive pay cut from a roster position.

For what it's worth, I wish him well (except against us)...but, I don't see him as being good enough to be more than a journeyman backup in the future...

...which Rypien already is, and with the bonus of being more experienced.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

Why wouldn't Hall go elsewhere? He was never going to have the opportunity to be number one here. His opportunity came and went last year. Why return to a place where you are sitting behind Mullins and running the scout team? Hall was done when JJ was selected.
I wish him well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hogjowlsjohnny's post:

I was hoping he'd be the #2 guy here for a while, someone who knew the playbook well...

He could have been paid handsomely doing it, but he wasn't good enough to beat out Mullens in the pecking order.

The injury didn't help and I bet thats why they brought Rypien in. Still suffering PTSD from the QB carousel last year
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

I like Jaren a lot but he has a long way to go to be a solid #2. It was just a numbers game I suppose. KOC and Mccown must want a QB room that can help the #1. That won’t be Hall.

What bothers me is that as a 5th with not prototypical skills, you would think we would commit to his development as a long term #2.

Good for him, seemed to be the rumor the last 2 days. And I don't blame him, its obvious how the Vikings feel about him despite what KOC has been saying. Actions speak. But this is a practice squad QB. Really nothing to see here.

Seattle has only 2 QBs on their roster. Hall will be QB3 there. If he had signed to our PS, he would be QB4.
[-] The following 2 users Like Knucklehead's post:

(09-03-2024, 08:23 AM)Knucklehead Wrote: Seattle has only 2 QBs on their roster. Hall will be QB3 there. If he had signed to our PS, he would be QB4.

QB3 and PS are a frog's hair away from insignificance. Except in salary.

I think the Vikings wanted him back but this was a huge favor to Hall. Vikings have their developmental QB. He also happens to be their starter (in 2025). The path to becoming a starter is much cleaner in Seattle.