Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packers and Eagles Friday Sept 6
(08-30-2024, 06:17 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: Has anybody read up on the gbay philly matchup?  Apparently the gangs that run the streets around the stadium where its to be played hate the color green and will kill anybody wearing it ( its the color of their soccer teams chief rival)  so the nfl send 2 of its 3 green teams to pkay there,  but then tells the players not tonwear their team colors,  or even leave their hotels.  WTF is the league thinking?  Wonder how many fans od those teams got tickets to go to  the game and are unaware of the color situation?

How can we get that implemented in Minneapolis? 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fact...098113007/

(08-30-2024, 07:45 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: How can we get that implemented in Minneapolis? 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fact...098113007/

Yep, have to be careful what you read online nowadays. So much complete bullshit out there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(08-30-2024, 07:50 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Yep, have to be careful what you read online nowadays. So much complete bullshit out there.

LOL, I think it was on the NFL network that I saw that report earlier this week when they were going over the week one matchups, apparently the memo isnt getting around very well. I did a quick rabbit hole dive and it appears what you pointed out is correct, I did find it humorous though some of the comments regarding the safety of the city/area, they are trying to talk about how safe it is ( its not on the top 50 list of unsafe cities in the world ) but then they use detroit, new orleans, st louis, and baltimore as references as to cities that have made the list from the US.... how about showing how it rates compared to cities that arent thought of murderous shit holes if they want to make people feel better?

I still think its funny as hell that the league sends 2 green teams to play in a stadium that typically bans the color....MB, I love where you are going with your line of thought, lets start with the green ban first.

So Michigan STILL hasn't announced their starting QB and they play tonight. My buddy told me its going to be Davis Warren over Alex Orji, but we'll see. Orji is a super athlete but not the best passer, I don't think the Wolverines trust him completely....although they'll have some packages for him.

What an underwhelming Saturday of CFB. Michigan's QB situation is not great, I expect them to be out of the Top 25 in 4 weeks. Clemson? Bub bye Dabo.