Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who's on the roster right now that won't be for Game 1?
KOC has shown who he is as a play caller - he doesn’t run the ball, and doesn’t scheme runs to fit his RB (didn’t use both Dalvin & Mattison in the schemes that fit them best). Do they really NEED a 3rd RB at the moment? I don’t think they absolutely need one until there is an injury. Also, it doesn’t matter who the call up is, because KOC only has a limited role for RBs. This is a complete no big deal for me.

(08-31-2024, 05:16 AM)SkolVikings44 Wrote: KOC has shown who he is as a play caller - he doesn’t run the ball, and doesn’t scheme runs to fit his RB (didn’t use both Dalvin & Mattison in the schemes that fit them best). Do they really NEED a 3rd RB at the moment? I don’t think they absolutely need one until there is an injury. Also, it doesn’t matter who the call up is, because KOC only has a limited role for RBs. This is a complete no big deal for me.
I’m hoping KOC is more balanced now.  I agree with you on 2 but soon they will need 3. Hammer can play some HB and Muse can play FB if needed

(08-31-2024, 05:33 AM)Bullazin Wrote: I’m hoping KOC is more balanced now.  I agree with you on 2 but soon they will need 3. Hammer can play some HB and Muse can play FB if needed

One area that KOC needs to grow is as a playcaller. He can do that by committing to the running game. With Kirko gone & with a less talented QB in Donald as our starter, the time is now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knucklehead's post:

He needs to call more runs. He needs to stop dialing up failed chunk plays on 3rd and short. He needs to fix the atrocious screen game. He needs to do a lot. He ought to be a CEO HC and let Philips call the offense. His best skill is motivator not playcaller. But his ego won't let it go, because then he'd feel embarrassed when he chats with his buddies McVay and Shanahan who are known for their in-game chops. He wants to be them, but he's not, imo.

I don’t think they need a 3rd RB. They have really nice top 2 and they have CJ Ham if needed. He’s not going to go 80 for a touch, but he can get some yards and catch some passes. With Gaskin on the ps, he’s available yo be called up.