Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who's on the roster right now that won't be for Game 1?
Minnesota needs a RB and possibly another signing somewhere else on the roster and that means corresponding cuts to be at 53. 

My guess? WRer Trishton Jackson, LB Brian Asamoah, and S Jay Ward seem the most likely to be cut with any new signings.

(08-28-2024, 09:16 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Minnesota needs a RB and possibly another signing somewhere else on the roster and that means corresponding cuts to be at 53. 

My guess? WRer Trishton Jackson, LB Brian Asamoah, and S Jay Ward seem the most likely to be cut with any new signings.

I was just thinking about that, because there's no way the Vikings don't bring in another RB. They can't go into the season with 2 RBs on their active roster. I'd say Asamoah, Evans, Redmond and Sherfield.

Will also add that as we get closer to opening day and most rosters are set, teams are maybe a little less likely to poach a guy off waivers since they have to put him on their carefully crafted 53-man roster.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Some veteran practice-squad signings:

?Mike Ford is heading back to Cleveland, where he played last season.
?Bobby McCain and Myles Gaskin are re-signing with the Vikings.

(08-28-2024, 09:16 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Minnesota needs a RB and possibly another signing somewhere else on the roster and that means corresponding cuts to be at 53. 

I'd go in this order

Asamoah
Redmond or Taimani
Ward
Evans

I don't see Jackson going anywhere.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waterboy's post:

(08-28-2024, 10:55 AM)Waterboy Wrote: I'd go in this order

Asamoah
Redmond or Taimani
Ward
Evans

I don't see Jackson going anywhere.

Yeah I'd be pretty upset if they cut Jackson. I think you keep that receiving core as loaded as possible
[-] The following 3 users Like supafreak84's post:

Will Ragatz@WillRagatz
The Saints have claimed Kene Nwangwu off waivers. Vikings didn't make any waiver claims.

We could use some size in the RB room. Both Perine and Foreman are still out there I believe. Maybe a trade? They have very little draft capital, but I'd love to steal Isaac Guerendo from the 49ers.

Vikings made no waiver claims. Looks like Gaskin off the practice squad will suffice for the year. Nobody picked up Cine.

What a Draft and UDFA period the team had this year.

(08-28-2024, 12:00 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Vikings made no waiver claims. Looks like Gaskin off the practice squad will suffice for the year. Nobody picked up Cine.

What a Draft and UDFA period the team had this year.

Jets got Cine, practice squad not 53. Leads me to believe that the Vikings wouldn’t sign him to the PS.

(08-28-2024, 01:45 PM)AGRforever Wrote: Jets got Cine, practice squad not 53. Leads me to believe that the Vikings wouldn’t sign him to the PS.

The desire to part ways was mutual.

(08-28-2024, 05:14 PM)comet52 Wrote: The desire to part ways was mutual.

Yep, I read that. I don't blame Cine, he needs a new start somewhere. Tough to be on the regular roster all this time and then go to your drafted team's practice squad.