Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packers and Lions: current NFC powerhouses
Maybe I'm just used to previous cycles, but I'm kinda indifferent to Detroit's current momentum; they achieve some level of near-legitimacy once in a great while, fall short, then the doldrums begin again. Maybe it's different this time around, but I'm not all that convinced that they'd have beaten us if we'd have been healthy last season.

As for Green Bay...well, they couldn't beat us when we were healthy (but still missing JJ), and I don't see Love as that strong of a personality to galvanize a team around.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

(08-28-2024, 09:16 AM)Zanary Wrote: Maybe I'm just used to previous cycles, but I'm kinda indifferent to Detroit's current momentum; they achieve some level of near-legitimacy once in a great while, fall short, then the doldrums begin again. Maybe it's different this time around, but I'm not all that convinced that they'd have beaten us if we'd have been healthy last season.

As for Green Bay...well, they couldn't beat us when we were healthy (but still missing JJ), and I don't see Love as that strong of a personality to galvanize a team around.

That is a nice summary.
They are two good teams. Green Bay was so-so until they got Jones back. Then got hot. Now they don't have Jones and their RB room is looking pretty bare. Plus, their O-line is not what it once was.

Detroit will Detroit and go back to irrelevancy.  It's what they do. 
Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wiviking's post:

(08-28-2024, 08:47 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: One lost by 3 to the NFC Superbowl loser in the playoffs and the other was in the NFCC game and lost by 3: and both have done nothing to think they'll be lesser than in 2024. Every year is different for sure, but not sure how you can't call both NFC powerhouses. Josh Jacobs is an upgrade at RB for Green Bay. You can call Campbell a dumbass, but he's got good coordinators below him on both sides of the ball. A talented roster. 

So its not like I'm rooting for these teams, lol, but its easy to see without purple shades that they will most likely be pretty darn good again this year.

If Cousins doesn't go down, do the Packers even make the playoffs?  I think the Vikings would have been a WC team over them last year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAD GAINZ's post:

(08-29-2024, 09:14 AM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: If Cousins doesn't go down, do the Packers even make the playoffs?  I think the Vikings would have been a WC team over them last year.

No doubt about it, but they dug themselves out of a hole and played lights out in the playoffs. It still stings a bit to see how Minnesota pissed that WC spot away by losing the last 4 games. But we also had a ton of injuries.

Every year is different for sure, like I mentioned. But unfortunately, I think we're going to see Sam Darnold be mostly Sam Darnold-ish and Green Bay and Detroit pick up where they left off last year.

Just a perspective moment:

we beat the eventual NFC Superbowl team, without Jefferson. Yes, I'm among those that wishes we'd have kept Cousins, but the truth is that Darnold actually possesses more physical tools, is younger, and could actually improve upon what Kirk did IF he and the offense can gel quickly.

Stay tuned, kids.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Zanary's post: