Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Competitions for the 53
(08-26-2024, 10:37 AM)Montana Tom Wrote: I am curious about your take on DLine.  I've heard good things about Taki Taimani from Oregon, but little about Jonah Williams, Jerry Tillery this pre-season.

Tillery is a starter and hasn't played much in the preseason. I think Jonah Williams is in a fight with Jacquelin Roy for a spot on the 53. Roy hasn't had a particularly good preseason, so I'm guessing Williams gets that spot. 

Vikings typically keep 5 on their 3-man DL and I would guess those 5 would be Phillips, Tillery, Bullard, Williams and LDR, leaving Taimani for the practice squad. But they may decide to keep 6 to avoid exposing Taimani. I know they love LDR. If they love Taimani as much, they could keep him over Jonah Williams. That one's going to be interesting.

Risner to IR:

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Vikings are placing offensive lineman Dalton Risner on IR. He will be eligible to come back after four games.

(08-26-2024, 12:21 PM)Knucklehead Wrote: McGlothern makes the team because he's one of the few CBs on the roster younger than 30 & with term. The others are Blackmon, Evans & Wright. Evans might not even make it to opening day. To date, Wright has played more snaps on STs than he has at CB.

Gilmore & Moreau are older than 30 & only signed for this season. Griffen is 29 & only signed for this season. If he doesn't improve his play from last season when he was released by both Houston & Carolina, there's no doubt that he won't be resigned.

Murphy is younger than 30 but will be an UFA this offseason.

All the remaining CBs on the roster are only signed for this season.

If McGlothern doesn't make the team, the Vikings could be looking at adding up to 4 new CBs in the offseason.

That is a sobering thought.