Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think we gotta keep Hall on the 53
Hall may never be a starter in the league, but probably good enough to be on active rosters...

If he stays healthy? Dude will make generational $ over the years.

(08-25-2024, 09:58 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: There isn't. I don't know why this is even a debate. If we keep 3 he'll be one of 'em. If we keep 2, he'll go on the practice squad. Sounds there is some concern he could get poached from the PS, but I don't think this is very likely.

The whole debate is whether he can get through to the practice squad and many are thinking it’s a risk and maybe one not worth taking.  I’m guessing he sees the active roster.  If you lose him, you have only two qb’s who know a pretty complex system.  That’s quite possibly an unacceptable risk.

(08-25-2024, 03:27 PM)Waterboy Wrote: The whole debate is whether he can get through to the practice squad and many are thinking it’s a risk and maybe one not worth taking.  I’m guessing he sees the active roster.  If you lose him, you have only two qb’s who know a pretty complex system.  That’s quite possibly an unacceptable risk.

By the time you get to the third QB your season is pretty much screwed anyway. If you feel he has the potential to become an NFL starter, you protect him on the 53. If not, you put him on the practice squad and let the chips fall where they may.
He had a very good game against scrubs, and he had good protection. I would like to keep him. But not at the expense of a roster spot. Is he Sloter, or someone who can beat out Mullins?
If he can't beat out Mullins he should probably be on the practice squad or cut.

I never understood the fans who wanted to give up on Hall after only 20 pass attempts in the league. Back up QBs who can replace a starting Quarterback and not lose you a game are a precious commodity in this league. Look at some of the Quarterbacks that teams are trotting out in December. Look at our own situation last season when we had to trade for Dobbs mid season.

If Hall is good enough to be our backup Quarterback for the next decade, that’s a helluva 5th round pick. That’s helluva value for a 5th round pick.

I mentioned this in another thread, but even Mond was claimed when we waived him in the final cut down. Hall has had a much more impressive camp than Mond ever had .
[-] The following 2 users Like Knucklehead's post:

To me he looks better than Mullens. Mullens is one of the worst backups I've ever seen tbh. The wtf stuff he does when he's in an actual game is just maddening. I'd make Hall QB2 and put Mullens on the PS.

The question is can Hall be a capable backup in the NFL? Maybe. He's a home developed talent, he knows KOC's system so that is going to mean something. He's mobile. Hall has a very friendly cap contract that runs until the beginning of 2027. It would seem to make sense to let Mullens walk after this season (his contract is up) and place Hall in at QB2 if KOC feels he's ready and capable of moving the chains in the NFL. Or KOC might want a more dynamic vet behind JJM than Hall, hard to know right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

Hall was prolific in college, don't forget. With what he showed the last two pre-season games, if you put him on PS, somebody will claim him. And I totally agree...recent history shows that two QB's aren't enough in case of injury.

(08-26-2024, 09:36 AM)comet52 Wrote: To me he looks better than Mullens.  Mullens is one of the worst backups I've ever seen tbh.  The wtf stuff he does when he's in an actual game is just maddening.  I'd make Hall QB2 and put Mullens on the PS.

uh.... your memory is shorter than.. well its pretty short.  I present you with defense exhibit 1: