Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Randle DNC
(08-23-2024, 01:33 PM)Kentis Wrote: Yep, at least this guy has been clear on his policies…!  Cool Angel

We visited the Eagles Nest when we were there last month. It’s now a restaurant.  We ate feet away from where that picture was taken.

(08-23-2024, 02:36 PM)medaille Wrote: Obviously at this point in time though, being called Hitler or a Nazi isn’t really a thing anyone cares about because the insults have been so misused and watered down to be meaningless.

That said, it’s pretty rich to assign it to Trump, when the Democrats have followed the model much more vigorously in recent years.  Almost all the things people pretend Trump would do are things the Democrats have recently done.

Not that it really matters which party is worse as both parties are working for the establishment/deep state, and if you are voting red or blue, you are voting for the shit show that is America right now and are voting against your own self interests.  You are voting for a candidate who is bought and paid for already to move your money into the hands of the wealthy few who want to keep you at barely subsistence levels.  Each generation is getting more indebted than the last.  This is not an accident.  This is what happens when you vote for corrupt people that aren’t serving you.

Preach brother!!!  We aren’t going to get better until we stop voting for the same old shit. The system is designed to keep us pissed at each other. 

We told the Germans we were staying with that politics in the US has turned into calling everyone you disagree with Nazis or Hitler. They couldn’t believe how sick someone would have to be to say that. 

We took our kids through Dachau when we were there. Before anyone calls anyone a Nazi they should visit the evil that was naziism. See what Nazis did with your own eyes. Walk where evil walked. Trump may be a piece of shit but he’s far far far from Hitler and the Nazis. 

To those who throw those terms around so loosely.  Grow up.

(08-24-2024, 09:53 AM)AGRforever Wrote: We visited the Eagles Nest when we were there last month. It’s now a restaurant.  We ate feet away from where that picture was taken.

Preach brother!!!  We aren’t going to get better until we stop voting for the same old shit. The system is designed to keep us pissed at each other. 

We told the Germans we were staying with that politics in the US has turned into calling everyone you disagree with Nazis or Hitler. They couldn’t believe how sick someone would have to be to say that. 

We took our kids through Dachau when we were there. Before anyone calls anyone a Nazi they should visit the evil that was naziism. See what Nazis did with your own eyes. Walk where evil walked. Trump may be a piece of shit but he’s far far far from Hitler and the Nazis. 

Visiting one of the camps and saying a prayer for those who perished is on my bucket list...

You are probably not in the mood after seeing Dachau live, but the recent move (Zone of Interest) is a powerful way to bring the holocaust and industrialization of mass murder to life for a new generation.

On that topic:

Trumplestilskin threatened to leave NATO, routinely offended our allies, and waxed poetic about Putin, Kim Jong Un, and other walking filth.

"Heels Up Harris" and Walz are both glad-handers with groups like CAIR that connect to Hamas/Hezbollah, have pro-terror junk like "the Squad" in their party, and worry about optics over all else.

There's no rational reason to support either of these disasters.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

(08-24-2024, 11:42 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Visiting one of the camps and saying a prayer for those who perished is on my bucket list...

You are probably not in the mood after seeing Dachau live, but the recent move (Zone of Interest) is a powerful way to bring the holocaust and industrialization of mass murder to life for a new generation.

I went to Dachau in High school. Honestly at that time in my life I was more interested in beer and girls. So, while it was powerful then it was on a different level now. 

My kids (13&15) couldn’t do the whole museum. They certainly didn’t take the gas chambers and crematorium well. (They didn’t actually gas anyone at dachau but did have it set up, gas hatch included). They used those rooms as body storage when they couldn’t cook them fast enough. 

That’s why these asshole who throw around terms like Hitler and Nazis etc need to grow the fuck up. It’s offensive to everyone who suffered as much as those who did.

(08-24-2024, 09:53 AM)AGRforever Wrote: We visited the Eagles Nest when we were there last month. It’s now a restaurant.  We ate feet away from where that picture was taken.

Did you talk about AfD and the current nationalist movements? Been going there for last nine years, my daughter lives there and I have two grandsons with dual citizenship.  You want a moving experience, visit on January 27, the Day of Remembrance

(08-24-2024, 11:45 AM)Zanary Wrote: On that topic:

Trumplestilskin threatened to leave NATO, routinely offended our allies, and waxed poetic about Putin, Kim Jong Un, and other walking filth.
Z.  It's getting a little repetitive.  You're going to need some new material at some point.  I think I've read the Trump waxed poetic (or equivalent) about Putin, etc. at least 20 times on this forum.  Trump says a lot of stupid shit.  He's fond of hyperbole and a narcissist just like every other President.  I can't stand to listen to him much of the time.  However, there is no doubt that his policies were much better that the current Administation. In the grand scheme of things, Trump calling Putin "smart", etc. is far less noteworthy than the disastrous foreign policy decisions made by the Biden Administration that threaten America and the World.  Let's see....the disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal that made the fall of Saigon look like a tea party.  There were no American casualties for the previous 18 months so zero need for a hasty retreat.  13 Americans killed.  Many more left behind scrambling for their lives.  And 100's if not 1000's of Afghans that worked with the US killed by the Taliban after.  You abandon $1B+ in weapons and a state of the art Airbase (Bagram) which Trump had negotiated to maintain along with a small peacekeeping force (similar to Iraq).  Now...the Chinese will likely take over the base to further their goals in the region.  You want to talk about emboldening our enemies.  Let's compare that to Trump....just before those 18 months of peace.

Doesn't sound like a pushover to me.

What else did we do in the Middle East?  Let's see....we unfroze Iranian assets...twice...at a time when sanctions were having a profound effect on Iran.  Did we work with China to keep the hammer down.  We unfroze $6B in Iranian assets for the release of 5 hostages.  There's no doubt that will make Americans traveling abroad safer....  Putin has learned that we'll trade everyday American's for known bad guys.  Arresting Americans off the street is a get out of jail free card for Russian arms dealers and the like.  We subsequently released another $10B to the Iranians.  i wonder how much of that has gone to Iranian and their proxy militaries (Hezbollah, Houtis, Hamas) as well as financing completion of Iran's nuclear ambitions.  We also once again began funding the United Nation Relief Workers even though we knew they had been acting as a front for Hamas.  The UN has a Relief Agency, the UNHCR, which provides relief assistance for every other "country" except for Palestine.  Remind me again why we can't use the agency which is setup to provide aid but instead only provide aid through a Hamas venture?  It would ensure that aid and funds are more likely to be used for their intended purposes...particularly at a time of need such as this.  Instead, we find out the UNRWA housed personnel, munitions and logistics for Hamas terrorists including the Oct 7th massacres.  You might say that we've become one of the largest supporters of terror.  We now have two carrier groups in the area trying to keep that powder keg from blowing up.

By contrast, Trump had frozen the Iranian assets and was working on peace deals across the Middle East to further isolate Iran.  But sure...Trump said some not mean stuff about Putin.  It wouldn't have been covered if it was another President....but we had to keep pretending the Russian Collusion thing wasn't made up by the opposition candidate.   I'll bet Hillary had a good laugh every time the media would act indignant that they had to cover stories about Trump peeing on Russian prostitutes.

And while we're talking about Putin...he invaded Crimea under Obama / Biden and subsequently invaded the Ukraine under Biden.  Trump actually provided the first lethal military funding to the Ukraine that Obama / Biden held back (I think it was the first round of javelins).  How odd for a guy that said nice things about Putin and is a puppet of Russia.

NATO - Tell me again what's wrong with turning the screws to your "Allies" to pay their agreed share of the alliance?  We tried asking nicely.  Should the US be responsible for every countries defense?  BTW..lo..and behold...NATO members are mostly paying their share these days.

Kim Jung Un - Really?  Any effort to diminish the isolation of that Country is generally useful as it was when Nixon visited China.  Instead, the current Administration has created a stronger alliance between Russia, China, Iran and N. Korea...  I'm not sure that's all that useful to US (and World) interests.

The original OP for this was John Randle at the DNC.  I'm old enough to remember when people were free to express their political opinions and preferences.  That should apply equally to all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes badgervike's post:

The last 8 years+ have mellowed and maybe wisened me up a bit...Least I hope so. 

I just wont "dislike" someone anymore solely because we politically dont agree...

for me things got too heated-up around 2016 and it crossed some important lines.

Its not worth it imo, life is too short and nobody is guaranteed a tomorrow.
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

The point of the "material" is that the same fountain of drivel kept spewing it, and still spews it, and even pisses off his own advisers to KEEP spewing it...even infamously defending his constant personal attacks rather than focusing on issues, to the chagrin of every functional person around him.

That material should be indefensible, and it always comes in Costco-sized quantities...so, yeah, his babble doesn't change much, and what I refer to, therefore...!!

Similarly, I'll call out his defenders for not giving two f**ks for his accuracy, for his honesty, and if neither of those is applicable...what is his word worth, period?

It's not complicated.

You say he babbles like any politician, I laugh at that; he throws around more hyperbole, attacks, and full-on shameless lies than any combination of politicians I've seen in my life, INCLUDING THE F&*KING CLINTONS AT THIS POINT. He takes it to new highs and lows at the same time, and, as mentioned, wants to fight for the right to keep it cheap and personal.

He could have genuinely used his post-shooting moment for real unity, for real change, for a whole different approach and an actual change to clean a ton of his previous slate. He chose pettiness and doubled down...

...and some horrible, delusional people still think that's worth following. Tragic.

Just a couple notes that keep tickling the back of my mind:

Trump's group (reportedly, Trump himself) trying to shove aside a cemetery official so he could be filmed in a no-filming area at Arlington...bringing partisan opportunism to a very low point...

...but, that's on the heels of him declaring that the Presidential Medal of Freedom was superior to the Medal of Honor.

He's constantly a lower shitbag, an utter and completely disrespectful skidmark staining our politics, than I previously could believe. The inevitability that this walking excrement will find a way to do something worse at any point, and be tirelessly defended by his REDCAP FAN CLUB, is utterly nauseating.

The DNC is a shit organization that shouldn't be allowed near power, a group of spineless filth that will use any optics/trends to manipulate this country. The horror show is, orange boi is doing all he can to make them look ethically superior.

Everybody loses again, this November.

(there, I made it a bit more polite)