Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My interest level is at zero....wake me up next year at this time
(08-14-2024, 05:31 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: In light of all our injuries, could you imagine if we would have traded our 1st round pick next year to move up and take McCarthy as widely discussed? Now he's gone for the year before it even starts and we are becoming a MASH unit. With the improved division we very could be picking top 5, top 10 in the draft. Just imagine on top of everything else if we didn't have that pick and ended up as next seasons Carolina Panthers. This is exactly why I was adamantly against moving next years first in any trade up for a quarterback. It's one of the few positives I can hold on to at this point

Great point. And you’re right, it’s a tiny positive but hey that’s something. I still think we’ll find a way to win some games but with how the past month has gone it’s fair to say the floor for this team is the rarely used apocalyptic bunker buried beneath the basement.

Trading that first pick back if it winds up high (low?) enough, could be a boon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pattersaur's post:

I was listening to one of my favorite sports betting pods recently and they were talking about possible value in a "Vikings last team to get their first win" prop bet.

I could see with a few bad breaks they might start 0-11. Where will Sticky's interest level be then? Wink

(08-15-2024, 05:11 PM)comet52 Wrote: I was listening to one of my favorite sports betting pods recently and they were talking about possible value in a "Vikings last team to win get their first win" prop bet. 

I could see with a few bad breaks they might start 0-11.  Where will Sticky's interest level be then? Wink

Its was a rough and tough looking start to the schedule with or w/out JJM on the active roster...Key for us is having Addison healthy and available.

(08-15-2024, 05:11 PM)comet52 Wrote: I was listening to one of my favorite sports betting pods recently and they were talking about possible value in a "Vikings last team to get their first win" prop bet. 

I could see with a few bad breaks they might start 0-11.  Where will Sticky's interest level be then? Wink

It still remains low, mostly because I just don't see it with Darnold. 

I appreciate my optimistic purple brethern here, but its going to get beat out of them early unfortunately. Watching JJM's development was the key to my season....but the team has seen enough to know JJ is the franchise QB. That's a good thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(08-15-2024, 05:50 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Its was a rough and tough looking start to the schedule with or w/out JJM on the active roster...Key for us is having Addison healthy and available.

I'm betting this is a high ankle sprain. KOC says he won't miss any "extended time." Not quite sure what that means, but I'll be surprised if he plays week one.

(08-16-2024, 05:36 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: It still remains low, mostly because I just don't see it with Darnold. 

I appreciate my optimistic purple brethern here, but its going to get beat out of them early unfortunately. Watching JJM's development was the key to my season....but the team has seen enough to know JJ is the franchise QB. That's a good thing.

When Jackson was killed I took it as a bad omen--call me superstitious.

Jackson dead
Blackmon ACL
Addison drunk driving, ankle
JJM knee

What's next for us lucky Viking fans? I'm guessing:

Darnold craps the bed
[-] The following 1 user Likes comet52's post:

(08-16-2024, 09:55 AM)comet52 Wrote: When Jackson was killed I took it as a bad omen--call me superstitious.

Jackson dead
Blackmon ACL
Addison drunk driving, ankle
JJM knee

What's next for us lucky Viking fans? I'm guessing:

Darnold craps the bed

Bingo, I did too...

And I am superstitious.

(08-16-2024, 08:04 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: I'm betting this is a high ankle sprain. KOC says he won't miss any "extended time." Not quite sure what that means, but I'll be surprised if he plays week one.

Yup, a high ankle sprain wouldn't surprise me at all...Am hoping on the scale of severity, his is on the lower side. 

Opener is 9/8, he'll have about 3.5 weeks to heal. 

Another issue is losing work with Darnold over this time.

Man I just realized they are playing the Browns right now lol. JJM going down really let the air out of the tires.