Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cine on the move?
Yea, I was just sticking with the thread - Cine and the Safety position

Don't forget Kwesi hired O'Connell and together they established the team culture, which is one of the bright spots. Kwesi also shed mountains of salary by making tough decisions on Kendricks, Thielen, P2, Barr and Cook. I didn't agree with all of them--I would've tried harder to keep Cousins and Hunter--but the Vikings were able to replace both in the draft.

Vikings now have a much younger roster and a shit ton of cap space going into 2025, a year that should see them hand the keys to the offense over to their 1st round draft pick. I like where we stand.

But at the end of the day Kwesi will be judged by how well McCarthy does. That's all anyone will care about.
[-] The following 1 user Likes minny65's post:

Wolfsen reporting he expects the Vikings to trade Lewis Cine before the start of the regular season, likely for a conditional late round draft pick...

So would end the Cine era in Minnesota

(08-05-2024, 09:20 AM)medaille Wrote: Spielman was slightly above average. He’s probably the Cousins of GMs. His teams consistently had enough talent to hover around the edge of making/missing the playoffs. In my mind, he had too many draft misses, but he had a lot of homeruns. He never really was able to get both sides of the ball figured out at the same time. His biggest failures are his lack of solving the QB position and his taking his entire tenure to get a functional OLine, which he tried to achieve by replacing his only good players and not replacing his bad players.

He probably deserves to be an NFL GM, but nobody wants an old, pretty good, but not good enough GM. They want the guy that bring them a championship, not a guy that’s going to linger around edge of the playoffs, and they'll risk busting to risk winning big.

I think that's an accurate take on Rick. Listening to some beat writers on a pod the other day, they noted that the obvious change with the KAM regime is the team doesn't sit on failures as long as Rick did. Whether it's Donatell or dealing Booth, and probably Cine about to be let go, they seem more focused on roster building and reality checks than Ricky's need to save face by holding on to draft duds like Treadwell.