Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cine on the move?
Alec Lewis@alec_lewis
Vikings S Lewis Cine didn’t practice today from what I saw, saw him out on field but not in uniform.

Makes me wonder if the Vikings might be preparing to trade Lewis Cine. By most accounts, Theo Jackson is having a good camp after a fairly impressive rookie season last year. A friend mentioned Bills CB Kaiir Elam as a possible target. Like Cine, he's a former 1st round pick who hasn't lived up to expectations. A fresh start might do both of them some good.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

Maybe, anything above a bag of chips in return is a big win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

Sounds like he's being shown the door. I'm not blaming Kwesi (for this totally messed up pick) because the number of failed #1 picks in the NFL is legend, so he's actually in decent company. His last two drafts (this past one in particular) have made up for it. In fact, Kwesi is the anti-Spielman. Spielman relished in volume and quantity of picks (setting records for the number of picks in a 7 round draft). This year in particular Kwesi nailed it with two solid first-rounders (I hope),

I both hope that this situation is done quickly, and feel really badly for the kid. He looked like a good pick, he was on several boards, his highlight reel was solid...but I don't know if the issue is between his ears, or the leg break really shook him up, or what...but, barring a miraculous preseason, he'll be elsewhere in September.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

Time to part ways...

Hopefully they'll get something in return.

This guy was an SEC Stud...Boggles my mind.

(07-28-2024, 09:57 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Time to part ways...

Hopefully they'll get something in return.

This guy was an SEC Stud...Boggles my mind.

And he also had charisma and leadership qualities off the field.  I'm not sure why it hasn't clicked for him.  It has to be mental mistakes because he has it all physically and he seems to have that drive and leadership.

I really wanted Kyle Hamilton in that draft to be the heir apparent to Harrison when he hung up the cleats...  but Cine seemed like a great young kid.  At least we have Bynum and Metellus or we'd be really feeling the sting of him not turning into a player.

(07-28-2024, 10:08 AM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: And he also had charisma and leadership qualities off the field.  I'm not sure why it hasn't clicked for him.  It has to be mental mistakes because he has it all physically and he seems to have that drive and leadership.

I really wanted Kyle Hamilton in that draft to be the heir apparent to Harrison when he hung up the cleats...  but Cine seemed like a great young kid.  At least we have Bynum and Metellus or we'd be really feeling the sting of him not turning into a player.

You'd think with all the vetting all these teams do physically, mentally, emotionally they would have been able to red flag something with Cine b4 pulling the trigger. At the end of the day its still a human being and you are never 100% accurate. 

Cine instead of Hamilton ranks up there with Alexander instead of Sapp. 

Ouch
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

The defense Cine was drafted into is dramatically different than the defense he's in now, and by all accounts he's struggling with the much more complex defense we have now.

(07-28-2024, 07:40 PM)medaille Wrote: The defense Cine was drafted into is dramatically different than the defense he's in now, and by all accounts he's struggling with the much more complex defense we have now.

Seems like he struggled in our less complex defense too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PurplePastor's post:

He's tailor made for the in the box role. Should be an ideal back up to Metellus. A real head scratcher.