Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
So I think many NFL GMs knew Minnesota wanted McCarthy

The Rams wanted Nix.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/bo-nix...raft-rumor

This was widely reported on. McVay wanted him bad.

The Vikings wanted JJM and would have traded up and taken him. Based on both KOC and KAM’s comments, they looked at trading up to 4 - for JJ. Despite reports, I don’t think they made much of a push to go to 3. They both joked about where the media comes up with these stories. I think it’s more likely the Pats were trying to drum up a big offer and it never came. Their one mistake was moving up one spot, but I get guaranteeing you get JJM.

Edit: I think JJM was number 1, not 1A. If Maye was truly their guy, they’d have gotten him. JJM was their guy. He may not have been everyone’s #1 guy, but he ended up the consensus.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Havoc's post:

(Yesterday, 08:59 PM)Havoc Wrote: The Rams wanted Nix.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/bo-nix...raft-rumor

This was widely reported on. McVay wanted him bad.

The Vikings wanted JJM and would have traded up and taken him. Based on both KOC and KAM’s comments, they looked at trading up to 4 - for JJ. Despite reports, I don’t think they made much of a push to go to 3. They both joked about where the media comes up with these stories. I think it’s more likely the Pats were trying to drum up a big offer and it never came. Their one mistake was moving up one spot, but I get guaranteeing you get JJM.

Edit: I think JJM was number 1, not 1A. If Maye was truly their guy, they’d have gotten him. JJM was their guy. He may not have been everyone’s #1 guy, but he ended up the consensus.

Well, its a rumor......and if you watch the Rams video, they were seeing who would be the most likely to trade down to their spot at 19. The GM thought Minnesota (foolishly) and McVay set him straight by saying Minnesota would take JJM if he were there and then called KOC to doublecheck. It wasn't like they were trying to get in front of Denver because they felt they'd take him. I don't think it was Nix they were trying to move up for, but who knows. 

New England wasn't trading out of #3. They needed a QB and they got one. IMO nobody was getting Williams, Daniels or Maye except the teams drafting in order 1 through 3. Doesn't mean Minnesota didn't ask or pursue it, knowing the odds were very long.

I think the Rams wanted the Ga Tight End...