Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what's the latest with QB Will Levis?
Sorry to have taken this thread "hard left" on as unpleasant a topic as over-drafted Christian Ponder.

Really the only reason I posted his stats were to compare to other qb's and their career arch's. You just never know how these guys are going to develop and fans/nfl clubs dont have a lot of patience either.

I thought it was really insightful to hear Kwesi talk about how many NFL clubs have gotten their hands dirty trying to rear a young QB. As a fan, you can only hope that their actions mirror what their intentions are, especially year 1.

Back to Ponder and our own JJM, just comparing the surround....

Ponder had NO OFFENSIVE LINE - advantage JJM
Ponder had BILL MUSGRAVE - BIG advantage JJM
Ponder had Harvin, Rudolph - advantage JJM
Ponder had AD - advantage Ponder
Ponder had little/no defense - advantage JJM
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

That 2012 team probably had as many superstars as we've ever had. Peterson, Harvin, Rudy, KW, Jared Allen, Greenway, Winfield, Harry. I think the biggest problem was that Ponder just wasn't very good. No, he didn't get much help from a below average line and a WR room that featured Harvin and nothing else.

(05-26-2024, 05:24 PM)Zanary Wrote: He was also rated as the best red zone QB for at least a big chunk of 2012, which likely involved "good" Percy moments.

I'll never sign onto the hatred the kid got, because we didn't protect him well, didn't get him great targets, and arguably destroyed his confidence.

Hahaha.  I see your football “takes” are nearly as good as your takes on other things.  Ponder was atrocious and a joke.  Even his teammates laughed at him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waterboy's post:

(05-27-2024, 08:26 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: That 2012 team probably had as many superstars as we've ever had. Peterson, Harvin, Rudy, KW, Jared Allen, Greenway, Winfield, Harry. I think the biggest problem was that Ponder just wasn't very good. No, he didn't get much help from a below average line and a WR room that featured Harvin and nothing else.

And with those names? Underperformed imo

I had to go back and look it up:
10/6 record, 7/1 @ home
15th ranked scoring D with some studs on it.

GB had 11 wins that season and win the Norris
I think the bottom fell out in 2013

What little I saw of Will Levis last year didn't look too good. The speed of the game is an issue for him.

As for Christian Ponder, that is a name that ought never to be spoken on Viking fan boards, for the sake of everyone's sanity.
[-] The following 2 users Like comet52's post: