Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ukraine
(05-25-2024, 07:12 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: If there is anybody getting overly self indulged with Trump it's you and your insistence in injecting him into every single thread you enter.

Seriously,  take a step back and look at your unhealthy obsession with attempting to tie your vile posting on Trump to any topic at some point.  He had nothing to do with this thread and yet here you are again.

I think you need some fresh material.

You both tell me to get a cream for mentioning...an attention whore of unprecedented scope that's in the news every day, and who relates to the topic at hand...and, again, your responses are basically the same, although I'd add that apparently someone's worried that I'm melting GOP snowflakes or something by the quick defensive posts and quaint little attacks...and utter misrepresentation of my position.

So, about needing new material...hypocrisy is many generations from original.
It's Got to be This Year, KAM, KOC, and Flores...Bring It!

Again Z - I'm a Libertarian just like you so hardly a GOP (or Trump) fluffer. In terms of major party candidates, I've voted for far more Democrats than Republicans.

I know the Ukraine thing is personal but the Libertarian in me says we've given a lot of aid to fight a proxy war with Russia. I'm hoping this last round of aid...is the last round of aid for the conflict in Ukraine. They either manage to push Russia back or cede some territory in the name of peace. I'm frankly more worried about China's aspirations and actions than those of Russia.
[-] The following 1 user Likes badgervike's post:

(05-28-2024, 12:44 PM)badgervike Wrote: Again Z - I'm a Libertarian just like you so hardly a GOP (or Trump) fluffer.  In terms of major party candidates, I've voted for far more Democrats than Republicans. 

I know the Ukraine thing is personal but the Libertarian in me says we've given a lot of aid to fight a proxy war with Russia.  I'm hoping this last round of aid...is the last round of aid for the conflict in Ukraine.  They either manage to push Russia back or cede some territory in the name of peace.  I'm frankly more worried about China's aspirations and actions than those of Russia.

I actually killed my Libertarian registration a few years back, when the Mises dinks took over, the Putin apologists swarmed in, and I didn't recognize the party anymore.

I also have come to realize that the LP may never get along with a United States that has allegiances with others and/or organizations like NATO, due to the "avoid entangling alliances" portion of the Libertarian platform. As the world is more integrated and alliances leverage assets of all types for common goals, I can't see that particular directive surviving.

Currently an Independent, which I think I've mentioned before. I liked a lot of what the LP offered before, but the shift in attitude was pretty horrific. They can burn it down without me.

I see Ukraine through historians' eyes, and I see Putin as both ambitious and unhinged enough to push for a true return to Warsaw Pact bad old days, again...so, while I don't pretend to hold Zelenskyy to any level of angelic status, I see him in the light that I see most politicians, except that he's stood up to circumstances that would frankly confound most of the s**t we've been electing for generations. I don't see any member of "the squad" or the always-cowardly Ted Cruz visiting front lines in the event we were invaded...nor do I see that from either codger hoping for November victory.

So, basically, I kinda hope that Russia gets enough of a bloody nose to retreat, "Z" gets to retire and take all related scandals with him, and a new era can really happen. First, though, Russia needs some level of humility that hasn't happened yet; even the basic loss of their Black Sea fleet and increasing strikes on their military infrastructure aren't getting Vlad to wave the white flag.
It's Got to be This Year, KAM, KOC, and Flores...Bring It!