Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ukraine
So last summer/fall Zelensky said that the Ukraine would not hold any elections with their own money because they wouldnt divert funds from their war coffers to hold an election.... I think it was bull shit,  but whatever... the US has since given them billions,  but still no elections scheduled, now they claim they wont hold any election as long as all Ukraine citizens are safe to vote in it...basically saying he is declaring himself a dictator as he doesnt consider Ukraine citizens in Russian occupied areas "safe to vote".  

WTF are we doing sending money over there if it isnt to defend democracy?  If they wont hold elections with the billions we have sent them then the excuses are exhausted IMO.

(05-24-2024, 12:11 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: So last summer/fall Zelensky said that the Ukraine would not hold any elections with their own money because they wouldnt divert funds from their war coffers to hold an election.... I think it was bull shit,  but whatever... the US has since given them billions,  but still no elections scheduled, now they claim they wont hold any election as long as all Ukraine citizens are safe to vote in it...basically saying he is declaring himself a dictator as he doesnt consider Ukraine citizens in Russian occupied areas "safe to vote".  

WTF are we doing sending money over there if it isnt to defend democracy?  If they wont hold elections with the billions we have sent them then the excuses are exhausted IMO.

Yikes, this is kinda awkward, no one told you, apparently: they have a massive, invasive war going on with Russia pummeling them for, oh, two years, now.

That takes precedence when the country isn't a superpower, literally loses towns to invading forces, and instead of "gerrymandering" (like we deal with), has to deal with live fire, hypersonic missiles falling into civilian areas, and an entire border of the country under full assault by a larger military.

Also, what is pretty common knowledge (but liars distort as a talking point) is that we don't "send money over there", the funds are basically credit towards OUR munitions and equipment that's shipped over, meaning that the money is question is expected to be seen again, and that it's currently paying Americans to build the material used to help keep Tucker and Donald's BFF at bay.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

(05-24-2024, 12:47 PM)Zanary Wrote: Yikes, this is kinda awkward, no one told you, apparently: they have a massive, invasive war going on with Russia pummeling them for, oh, two years, now.

That takes precedence when the country isn't a superpower, literally loses towns to invading forces, and instead of "gerrymandering" (like we deal with), has to deal with live fire, hypersonic missiles falling into civilian areas, and an entire border of the country under full assault by a larger military.

Also, what is pretty common knowledge (but liars distort as a talking point) is that we don't "send money over there", the funds are basically credit towards OUR munitions and equipment that's shipped over, meaning that the money is question is expected to be seen again, and that it's currently paying Americans to build the material used to help keep Tucker and Donald's BFF at bay.

Here's a pretty good rundown of how aid is handled.  As Z said..some of it is humanitarian but the majority is munitions (both new and surplus).  When all is said and done, I'd expect to find that Zalensky also lined his pockets along the way...it's the Ukrainian way.

https://www.cfr.org/article/how-much-us-...%20Ukraine.&text=Weapons%20and%20equipment%20are%20provided,and%20Foreign%20Military%20Financing%20Program.

Jim - Tough to do Nationwide elections when portions of their country are fighting for survival.  It's not unusual for countries to operate differently and suspend normal activities in war times...look at Israel with it's War Council.

Z - You do have the TDS bad...they make a soothing salve for that btw. lol.  So...the Russians invade Crimea under Obama (Biden), don't do anything under Trump, invade Ukraine under Biden...but it's really Trump to blame for Russia's advances?

(05-24-2024, 01:52 PM)badgervike Wrote: Here's a pretty good rundown of how aid is handled.  As Z said..some of it is humanitarian but the majority is munitions (both new and surplus).  When all is said and done, I'd expect to find that Zalensky also lined his pockets along the way...it's the Ukrainian way.

https://www.cfr.org/article/how-much-us-...%20Ukraine.&text=Weapons%20and%20equipment%20are%20provided,and%20Foreign%20Military%20Financing%20Program.

Jim - Tough to do Nationwide elections when portions of their country are fighting for survival.  It's not unusual for countries to operate differently and suspend normal activities in war times...look at Israel with it's War Council.

Z - You do have the TDS bad...they make a soothing salve for that btw. lol.  So...the Russians invade Crimea under Obama (Biden), don't do anything under Trump, invade Ukraine under Biden...but it's really Trump to blame for Russia's advances?

Gosh, I hope the sunkist savior makes you his favorite poolboi at Mar-a Lardo!

Given the piles of gushy compliments he's fired at Vlad the Invader, I'm hardly finding my comment even slightly excessive. Your defensive reaction, however, is pretty telling...I'm guessing that you'd like use your hair to buff ol' Donald to a keen sheen, if he requested? You may have to fight Tucker for that spot in line, though. I wish you the best in any case.

I didn't blame Trump for Russia's invasion, I blame him for the continuing spray of lovey-dovey rhetoric thrown toward the world's current top mass murderer, thus implication of "favorite". Quit trying to speak for me when you obviously can't, and always get it wrong.

The thing that has guided my opinions on Ukraine is the question, “How much does a government represent the will of the people?” I look at our federal government. I think it’s pretty much corrupt from top to bottom. I see very little done for the people, mostly we’re here to pay taxes which they give to their friends and donors. Massive government spying programs that spy on their own citizens. It looks like all the politicians are bought and paid for by Israel or blackmailed by the Epstein-Mossad issues. Democrats basically doing whatever they can to tie up their political opponents in court and keep them off the ballot, so that no 3rd parties can run against the duopoly. I look at Canada. Pretty much the same. Trudeau basically pulled out all the stops to squash the people that protested him. Australians lost massive rights under Covid. Basically authoritarian government there.

Ukraine, seems like the government is a puppet government installed by Victoria Nuland for the US in 2014. Since the start of the war, Zelensky banned the political parties opposing him. Zelensky prohibited fighting age men from leaving the country. None of it feels like he represents the people he’s “serving.” To me Ukraine feels very much like the same corrupt government you see everywhere else. A handful of people sending other people’s to die to protect their own hold on power. The war is very much a doomed war for Ukraine. They were never going to “win” without NATO sending their kids to die, which we never were going to do. It’s just a matter of how many Ukranian lives should get sacrificed before a peace treaty gets worked out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes medaille's post:

(05-24-2024, 12:47 PM)Zanary Wrote: Yikes, this is kinda awkward, no one told you, apparently: they have a massive, invasive war going on with Russia pummeling them for, oh, two years, now.

The Ukraine has had opportunities to sit down and try and come to a peace with Russia, why no peace talks? You can continue to claim that this is 100% Russian but its been well documented that this is not continuing on Russian aggression alone. Maybe its time to recognize Zelensky as the problem, why would he try and de-escalate the situation when he likely knows that he will be done being able to line his pockets on US aid ( minus 10% for the big guy ). as long as the US and others continue to funnel money to Ukraine and Zelensky profits from it, this isnt going to end, he is as much the problem over there as Putin and Russia.

(05-24-2024, 03:58 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: The Ukraine has had opportunities to sit down and try and come to a peace with Russia,  why no peace talks?  You can continue to claim that this is 100% Russian but its been well documented that this is not continuing on Russian aggression alone.  Maybe its time to recognize Zelensky as the problem,  why would he try and de-escalate the situation when he likely knows that he will be done being able to line his pockets on US aid ( minus 10% for the big guy ).  as long as the US and others continue to funnel money to Ukraine and Zelensky profits from it,  this isnt going to end, he is as much the problem over there as Putin and Russia.

"THE PROBLEM", as in the singular problem, because you seem to blame Russia...not whatsoever for launching a bloody, openly aggressive and murderous invasion?

REALLY?

That might be the single biggest pile of digitized bovine fecal matter on the internet in 2024!

I've read the various "NATO provocations" bibble-babble and related froth for years, because the Vlad apologists in the Libertarian Party were big fans, yet...on closer inspection, Russia has always been playing games at least as big/bad as anyone else, and the BS about "agreements that NATO would not expand" didn't actually happen (despite tinfoil-muffled cries otherwise). Russia also, along with ANNEXING Crimea (which Obama did f**k-all about, naturally), pushed for border skirmishes and other incidents to keep propping up "justifications" for their heightened military presence and eventual invasion.

Was there nastiness between the countries? I'm certain. Do I think Zelenskiy is some viginal white knight? F**k no, he's a politician, and one in Eastern Europe to boot. What I DO find interesting is that his man, who's actually been to front lines with his troops, who's actually stood and answered many difficult, awkward, and terrifying questions, and who has had to do so with literal hit contracts on him from the "other" superpower...

...most of his detractors will seemingly throw themselves onto their phone styluses for their worshipped liar, narcissist, draft dodger, money launderer, classified-document-hoarding biatch-boi who is still facing dozens of felony charges and looks like an even bigger moron after claiming that the Feds had orders to kill him.....

(05-24-2024, 05:55 PM)Zanary Wrote: "THE PROBLEM", as in the singular problem, because you seem to blame Russia...not whatsoever for launching a bloody, openly aggressive and murderous invasion?

REALLY?

That might be the single biggest pile of digitized bovine fecal matter on the internet in 2024!

I've read the various "NATO provocations" bibble-babble and related froth for years, because the Vlad apologists in the Libertarian Party were big fans, yet...on closer inspection, Russia has always been playing games at least as big/bad as anyone else, and the BS about "agreements that NATO would not expand" didn't actually happen (despite tinfoil-muffled cries otherwise). Russia also, along with ANNEXING Crimea (which Obama did f**k-all about, naturally), pushed for border skirmishes and other incidents to keep propping up "justifications" for their heightened military presence and eventual invasion.

Was there nastiness between the countries? I'm certain. Do I think Zelenskiy is some viginal white knight? F**k no, he's a politician, and one in Eastern Europe to boot. What I DO find interesting is that his man, who's actually been to front lines with his troops, who's actually stood and answered many difficult, awkward, and terrifying questions, and who has had to do so with literal hit contracts on him from the "other" superpower...

...most of his detractors will seemingly throw themselves onto their phone styluses for their worshipped liar, narcissist, draft dodger, money launderer, classified-document-hoarding biatch-boi who is still facing dozens of felony charges and looks like an even bigger moron after claiming that the Feds had orders to kill him.....

Holy crap, you should send Trump a bill for the real estate he is squatting on in your head, you are beyond the point of reason, good luck with your TDS.

(05-24-2024, 10:20 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: Holy crap,  you should send Trump a bill for the real estate he is squatting on in your head,  you are beyond the point of reason,  good luck with your TDS.

Given the the closest thing to a "counterpoint" from his fan club on here has involved assigning a position I never took...and how quickly the fanbois rush to his defense...

...I'm afraid to think of what you're slathering on yourselves/each other.

(05-24-2024, 11:04 PM)Zanary Wrote: Given the the closest thing to a "counterpoint" from his fan club on here has involved assigning a position I never took...and how quickly the fanbois rush to his defense...

...I'm afraid to think of what you're slathering on yourselves/each other.

If there is anybody getting overly self indulged with Trump it's you and your insistence in injecting him into every single thread you enter.

Seriously, take a step back and look at your unhealthy obsession with attempting to tie your vile posting on Trump to any topic at some point. He had nothing to do with this thread and yet here you are again.

I think you need some fresh material.