Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what I posted in 2023...........
(05-09-2024, 08:45 AM)pattersaur Wrote: Odd response. Other teams had injuries too, maybe we should asterisk our wins over Tyler Bagent and Jameis Winston?

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is by OP but yeah the Vikings last year weren't good. We started 0-3 without any significant injuries lol.

The FO recognized the roster for what it was and has made wholesale changes accordingly. The future is bright. Not sure what bringing up 2023 serves but I also don't think writing it off as "injuries" is fair either.

If you can't recognize or accept that the injuries last year to the Vikings were WAY beyond the pale, I'm not here to explain it to you. Your response is the odd one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(05-08-2024, 08:23 PM)FLVike Wrote: I think I'll stay away from there. I predicted the season to a "T" and got banned. Lesson: If you can't predict a good outcome for our team then don't post anything.

I wouldn't say you nailed it to a T because your starting QB getting hurt would pretty much do that to 90% of the teams in the NFL.  I agree with your sentiment as well because the team as constructed was going nowhere against the good teams.  But.......

What in the hell site would ban you for that?  I want names!  lol

You guys are missing the entire point. When predictions are made everything counts, ask Vegas if there are any exceptions?

I have been a fan for 50 years. As the favorite going into a season, I have witnessed where injuries took us out of playoff contention by week 6. I could have said in my prediction that something unprecedented would probably happen but we are all Vikings fans here, right?
The bottom line is if I would have taken the under I would have won, period!
And by the way, the 2023 defense may have appeared at times like it was 10 times better but in reality it was most likely just 5 times better.
Here's a prediction that may get me banned again; Kirk Cousins will not win more than 9 games in 2024 as a starter. And, whether injured or not, if he doesn't start 9 games I win!

(05-09-2024, 09:23 AM)FLVike Wrote: You guys are missing the entire point. When predictions are made everything counts, ask Vegas if there are any exceptions?

I have been a fan for 50 years. As the favorite going into a season, I have witnessed where injuries took us out of playoff contention by week 6. I could have said in my prediction that something unprecedented would probably happen but we are all Vikings fans here, right?
The bottom line is if I would have taken the under I would have won, period!
And by the way, the 2023 defense may have appeared at times like it was 10 times better but in reality it was most likely just 5 times better.
Here's a prediction that may get me banned again; Kirk Cousins will not win more than 9 games in 2024 as a starter. And, whether injured or not, if he doesn't start 9 games I win!

So how did this segue into Vegas from "I got banned from another board for this prediction"? Kirko isn't the QB in Vikingland anymore, so not sure what you could say about him to get banned here. Maybe on the Falcons board? I'm guessing half of that board is already squawking for Penix. 

But thanks for helping us get your point.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952qdndbid12kh1u66h7at...w.gif&ct=g]
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post: