Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota's weakest position in 2024? QB
(04-27-2024, 06:28 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Hey, 6 wins should get us in the top 10  Big Grin

Then Kwesi can trade it back 3 times to get back our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th...  Tongue

Our weakest position by far is DL, pretty disappointing we did not address it, we signed two edge rushers in FA then used a bunch of picks to get another in the 1st and even got the best edge UDFA, but really weird they did not improve the DL which was by far the weakest area of our defense last year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JR44's post:

(04-27-2024, 06:21 PM)AGRforever Wrote: Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if Darnold has his best year by a margin this year. I could see him having a Baker Mayfield type year.

I'd love to be wrong and see Darnold have a renaissance year, but I haven't seen much reason to be optimistic about him apart from a small sample size of snaps in SF.

(04-27-2024, 07:36 PM)JR44 Wrote: Our weakest position by far is DL, pretty disappointing we did not address it, we signed two edge rushers in FA then used a bunch of picks to get another in the 1st and even got the best edge UDFA, but really weird they did not improve the DL which was by far the weakest area of our defense last year.

DL is a position they've ignored for a long time. I was hoping for a DT too, but I suspect that will have to wait until free agency next year. At least they have put resources into getting good talent at edge. Losing Hunter hurts, but I feel like our overall depth at edge is better than before.

(04-27-2024, 07:36 PM)JR44 Wrote: Our weakest position by far is DL, pretty disappointing we did not address it, we signed two edge rushers in FA then used a bunch of picks to get another in the 1st and even got the best edge UDFA, but really weird they did not improve the DL which was by far the weakest area of our defense last year.

When I look at this roster now, the areas that concern me are interior offensive line (as always), interior defensive line (I guess we start Tillery), receiver (not much in the cupboard behind the two starters). I'm hoping now that the draft is over we at least bring back Risner to help solidify the interior offensive line. I'd probably also kick the tires on OBJ, Hunter Renfro, or Marques Valdes-Scantling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes supafreak84's post:

(04-27-2024, 08:59 PM)Asupafreak84 Wrote: When I look at this roster now, the areas that concern me are interior offensive line (as always), interior defensive line (I guess we start Tillery), receiver (not much in the cupboard behind the two starters). I'm hoping now that the draft is over we at least bring back Risner to help solidify the interior offensive line. I'd probably also kick the tires on OBJ, Hunter Renfro, or Marques Valdes-Scantling.

Agreed. IDL and WR3 that most aren't talking about. If JJ or Addison go down it is not going to be pretty. I am sure Hock won't be back till October at the earliest.