Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota's weakest position in 2024? QB
Isn't that nuts? I don't think I've seen a team as loaded as Minnesota go into a season like this with a rent-a-year QB in Darnold. 

I don't expect much from Darnold, but if Darnold finds a new level somehow, it might be a fun 2024 while JJM sits and learns. I'm not counting wins or losses, but I have a feeling the Vikings might be competitive and fun this year in a 7 to 8 win season. Always hanging around, but then QB errors kick in and you win some and lose some with a guy like Darnold. 

I don't want to rush JJM, but he needs to be the starter 100% for sure in 2025.

If it is our weakest position in 2024 I'm sure it will be stronger than 2023.

It's a bit reminiscent of 2008 in that regard, Tarvaris Jackson. 

I dont know what demons KOC can exorcise out of him, he makes poor decisions and is a turnover machine.

Big Grin 
(04-27-2024, 05:07 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Isn't that nuts? I don't think I've seen a team as loaded as Minnesota go into a season like this with a rent-a-year QB in Darnold. 

I don't expect much from Darnold, but if Darnold finds a new level somehow, it might be a fun 2024 while JJM sits and learns. I'm not counting wins or losses, but I have a feeling the Vikings might be competitive and fun this year in a 7 to 8 win season. Always hanging around, but then QB errors kick in and you win some and lose some with a guy like Darnold. 

I don't want to rush JJM, but he needs to be the starter 100% for sure in 2025.

The DLine would like to talk to you. We really lack size in our front three. Phillips being the only starter. 

I have a hard time seeing Darnold hold onto the job all year. I know he finally got some better coaching in SF and was put in a tough spot with the Jets and Panthers, but he's never really looked impressive in the pro's. He'll be in a better position here, but I think he starts 4-8 games at most before JJM takes over.

Darnold is not good under pressure and I don't expect a lot from him. I think JJM needs to sit a year and develop, so I can see a 6-7 win team which is in line with the betting markets right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes comet52's post:

Weakest is clearly IDL. Darnold is a better QB than any of our DT's are at their position. Unless Roy makes a big step up in year 2. And who's the 3rd IDL?
[-] The following 1 user Likes RS_Express's post:

(04-27-2024, 05:31 PM)Tyr Wrote: I have a hard time seeing Darnold hold onto the job all year. I know he finally got some better coaching in SF and was put in a tough spot with the Jets and Panthers, but he's never really looked impressive in the pro's. He'll be in a better position here, but I think he starts 4-8 games at most before JJM takes over.

Wouldn’t surprise me in the least if Darnold has his best year by a margin this year. I could see him having a Baker Mayfield type year.
[-] The following 2 users Like AGRforever's post:

I'm hopeful that Darnold is embracing this very real last chance at a start with the appropriate intensity, and attacks it with the full intention of making his eventual/assumed demotion very difficult for the Vikings staff.

As I've said, I'm not a big college ball guy...so most of what I know about JJM comes from video clips and reviews. Everything points to a raw talent, definitely much further along than Hall, but still needing time to get to his best playing self. Darnold has the chance to be a comeback story, JJM to be our heir-apparent, and either could keep us in the hunt for the division and more.

BUT...the OG/C issues remain, and I'll be worrying about them until I'm shown that something has miraculously changed.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

(04-27-2024, 06:12 PM)comet52 Wrote: Darnold is not good under pressure and I don't expect a lot from him.  I think JJM needs to sit a year and develop, so I can see a 6-7 win team which is in line with the betting markets right now.

Hey, 6 wins should get us in the top 10  Big Grin