Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giants GM on taking a QB
(04-11-2024, 12:50 PM)medaille Wrote: I don’t think anyone is taking Jones from the Giants given his injury rehab timeline.  I think the realistic threat is that the Giants would take a QB this year and then cut/trade Jones next offseason if it makes sense.

the Giants would have to eat a fair bit of his contract,  and be willing to settle for a conditional pick,  but I dont think he is as toxic as some would want to think,   and could likely be moved if that was their intent.

(04-11-2024, 01:24 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: the Giants would have to eat a fair bit of his contract,  and be willing to settle for a conditional pick,  but I dont think he is as toxic as some would want to think,   and could likely be moved if that was their intent.

There are certainly teams that would be willing to take a chance on him, but not at the contract numbers the Giants signed him to. I think his cap number this upcoming season is in the 47 million dollar range. If they were to cut him after next year they'd take a 22 million dollar cap hit. I think the plan is to go into this season as an audition year for Danny Dimes and they will do everything they can to surround him with the pieces to be successful because he has shown before he can succeed. I'd be really surprised to see them pull the trigger on a quarterback this year. If they do, they've made theor bed and good luck with that.

I had a thread about pick 7 on the old board. Believe me The cards and chargers are loving it that Gints won’t rule out a QB.

The cards will draft MHJ, chargers will draft a big prolly Alt, and the Giants if not a mental defect imo will draft Nabers Will then be interesting to see how much Brock Bowers tantalizes the Titans over an Odunze or Fuaga. Bowers has been said to be the best TE prospect EVER.

If JJ is in the board at 8 he will go the Falcons I would think, if not the Jets would be foolish to pass on him.

As i made the case on the old thread the Titans want a big cause they have a good philosophy over there.

#7 should be our target.

(04-11-2024, 02:08 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: There are certainly teams that would be willing to take a chance on him, but not at the contract numbers the Giants signed him to. I think his cap number this upcoming season is in the 47 million dollar range. If they were to cut him after next year they'd take a 22 million dollar cap hit. I think the plan is to go into this season as an audition year for Danny Dimes and they will do everything they can to surround him with the pieces to be successful because he has shown before he can succeed. I'd be really surprised to see them pull the trigger on a quarterback this year. If they do, they've made theor bed and good luck with that.

A team trading for him would be paying something like:
$36M in 2024
$31M in 2025
$47M in 2026

And they could cut him at any time with no dead cap.

If I’m the Giants, I’d trade the pick to Minny for their two 1st rounders. Then I’d take a pass rushing beast at edge or WR and do the opposite with the 2nd 1st rounder. I’d want more, but would happily take the 2 firsts this year. Two big impact players - bang bang

If I’m the Cards I wouldn’t pass on Harrison Jr.

If I’m on the Chargers, I take Bowers for Herbert to unleash on their division.

If I’m the Vikings, that Giants pick is definitely a target.

Translation:  "We have no players, we need picks, someone please trade up with us."
[-] The following 1 user Likes RS_Express's post: