Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bo Nix added to Vikings QB Private List
Thumbs Up 
(04-10-2024, 02:38 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: But Brees was drafted 23 years ago. I think that thinking has changed to some extent, but not completely. Nix for sure has a stronger arm than Brees.....and Brees is 2 inches shorter than Nix. I do think that the lazy sports media makes that comparison because of what you mention, but the key term is 'lazy'.  Tongue And yes, Brees ran a spread offense for sure at Purdue. Definitely made to decimate  and ring up yardage of the back half of the Big Ten.

True…  Dodgy

That reminds me...Drew Brees bought a place on Whitefish Lake here a couple summers ago. Somewhere he could spend time with his family out of the spotlight. I think he's getting his roots down in this little resort town, from what I hear.

I think Nix reminds me of Brees because of the quiet confidence I saw from him, shit had to get pretty desperate before you saw Brees chewing his fingernails, I see that same calmness from Nix in the times I watched him this year. Hard to compare how they play in different offenses with different opponents, with different weapons. It was just more of a general observation of how they approached a similar situation.

(04-10-2024, 07:08 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: I think Nix reminds me of Brees because of the quiet confidence I saw from him,  had to get pretty desperate before you saw Brees chewing his fingernails,  I see that same calmness from Nix in the times I watched him this year.  Hard to compare how they play in different offenses with different opponents, with different weapons.  It was just more of a general observation of how they approached a similar situation.

Agree 100%!  That is where I see the comparison, Nix just seems like a dog, like Brees, may not be the most talented guy in the league, but he is going to do whatever it takes to get the win and when the pressure is on he is totally not affected and plays his best.