Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Guru Mock #1
I'd love a top 3 QB and am at peace with the cost, but that's looking more and more like pipe. I'm still really leery about Penix so JJM would be a good middle ground there.

I'd be very happy overall with this draft. Thanks, Guru.

He'll probably go somewhere at the end of round 3/beginning of round 4 but RB Blake Corum is going to be productive for a team. Jones will be out of Minnesota after this season and you could have a nice combo with Chandler/Corum for 2025.

(04-09-2024, 10:31 AM)supafreak84 Wrote: As much as I like McCarthy, I'm really starting to lean towards sitting tight at #11 or moving up slightly for Penix and using #23 to address one of our many other needs. We need impact from this draft. We've essentially gotten contributions from two guys out of the last two drafts (and one was undrafted) and if we make a move up for a quarterback and he doesn't play much year one (which is possible) than I don't know how we can expect to be competitive within the division having a 3rd draft in a row with minimal impact from the draft class.

Geoff, do you see a substantial difference between say McCarthy and Penix or Bo Nix? I guess I don't at this point where I'd give up a haul to move up for McCarthy. To me, getting Penix and adding a guy like Latu (who we are hosting on a top 30 today), Powers-Johnson, or another highly regarded prospect at a position of need, moves the needle for me a lot more than making the move up for McCarthy. The Vikings would have to consider him a significantly better prospect to make that kind of move

I do. Doesn't have the upside of Maye or Daniels (if they hit) but has more tools than Penix. Although McCarthy doesn't have crazy highlights on film he has few weakness and people are sleeping on his arm. Nix is a more distant 4th for me.

Geoff,

Does this mock and trade still feel right a week out?

Any changes b4 next week? You gotta a V2.0 coming?