Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A trade idea that just might work
If O'Connell loves (insert QB) and we can get that guy at #3, absolutely you do this trade.

BOOM

So we give up 11, 23, '25 1st, a 4th and Chandler just to get to 3. No thanks, I'll be chilling down here at 11.
(04-07-2024, 03:53 PM)comet52 Wrote: Kwesi:
Fleeced by Detroit
Fleeced by Houston
come draft day:
Fleeced by

Can't wait.

Kwesi was not fleeced by Houston. He was the accomplice to them fleecing Buffalo.
Vikings moved from 42 to 23 for next year's 2 and a 6/7 swap: a Vikings win on pretty much every trade chart and gives us leverage over Denver and Vegas for trading up.
Houston uses that 2 to get a 5-time 1,000-yard receiver at a relative bargain cap hit: win for Houston.
Buffalo gets: $31 million dead cap hit, empty WR room and a year's wait for a 2nd. Ugh.

Lots of teams needing QBs.....lots of due diligence. Comp probably will be higher than past years to move up. And IMO although some of the top 4 teams ACT like they'd be willing to move down, in reality they aren't. Only for the crazy offers, which I don't think they'll see. And they know it.

The list of highly drafted QBs that bust is too long to post. When it comes to drafting franchise QBs, nobody knows anything more than any NFL fan. Not Andy Reid, not Parcells, not Belichick, not Shanahan, not KOC/KAM, ... Nobody.

Almost all NFL fans would agree that Caleb Williams is the best QB in this draft. I am one. I would give up 3 Firsts for him. I'm not certain he will be a great QB, but he has the best chance. I could be talked into grudgingly giving up 11 and 23 for Daniels. After that, I would not trade multiple firsts for any other QB in this draft. They are all huge gambles. I actually like Darnold as much as any of them. To give up multiple first round picks for a huge gamble when there are still holes on this roster is hubris.

Way too much in my opinion.