Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I still think Minnesota won't move up before #4 or #5.
Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@pattersaur said:
@comet52 said:
Kwesi gonna get fleeced again, I can feel it in my bones.
Honestly, I hope so.
Getting fleeced and getting the QB we want versus getting QB6 at 11 or rolling with Darnold. Which option would make you more excited for the upcoming season/the future? I know what I'd choose. If the QB busts and we have no early picks for the next year or 2 we're gonna be last in the north. Guess what-- we're gonna be last in the north with Darnold probably anyway.
Fleeced or not, if they don't move up from 11 to get above the Bears 2nd pick, Chicago will trade the pick to Denver or Vegas.
He also will need to get above 6 to keep the Giants from taking their guy.
Time will tell what that takes.

I think they probably already know...Or have a pretty good idea of what it would take. 

The real question is will the Vikings pay it?

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
I go back to this comment made by Colin Cowherd on March 15: "Outside of Caleb Williams, who I think has the unique talent to thrive wherever he's drafted, the second most successful QB in this draft will be whoever Kevin O'Connell of the Vikings lands. That's my official QB bet of the draft," Cowherd posted on his official twitter account.
I don't know how much stock to put in Cowherd's comments, but the respect he's got for KOC turning any of the top 6 QBs into a solid NFL QB says to me to NOT trade up, take the best of who falls to you at 11 and take either DT/IDL or BPA at 23.  

If the Vikings somehow get shutout on  getting the QB they want,  I could see him trading 23 this year for a  mid 2nd  this year and a 1st next year.  

Shrewd move to give himself options.

I just wonder if 5 QB's are gonna go in the top 10 picks.   

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
Washington might take JJ at 2. He's either way higher than everyone thinks or he's the biggest, fattest, reddist red herring anyone's ever seen. 

https://twitter.com/wludford/status/1772...24345?s=20
This year's Will Levis?  Might see shots of him and his gf waiting in the green room on draft night.  And waiting, and waiting...
The one left standing could be Jayden Daniels. 
Rumor is his Pro Day was just ok. Which is not how its set up to go.

I don’t know who is trying to sell that nonsense, but Jayden Daniels had an objectively solid pro day. He threw the ball with more distance and velocity than probably anyone expected. He showed really good arm talent. 
The pro days are on YouTube. We don’t need rumors from people who don’t know what they are talking about. The only guy who had a less than steller Pro Day was Drake Maye. He showed some poor accuracy on out routes and missed by large margins on a couple. He made up fo some of the poor throws with elite throws down the field. 

Quote: @Mattyman said:
@Montana Tom said:
I go back to this comment made by Colin Cowherd on March 15: "Outside of Caleb Williams, who I think has the unique talent to thrive wherever he's drafted, the second most successful QB in this draft will be whoever Kevin O'Connell of the Vikings lands. That's my official QB bet of the draft," Cowherd posted on his official twitter account.
I don't know how much stock to put in Cowherd's comments, but the respect he's got for KOC turning any of the top 6 QBs into a solid NFL QB says to me to NOT trade up, take the best of who falls to you at 11 and take either DT/IDL or BPA at 23.  

If the Vikings somehow get shutout on  getting the QB they want,  I could see him trading 23 this year for a  mid 2nd  this year and a 1st next year.  

IMO I don't think the Giants will go QB so if nobody trades up we will get at least QB-4 at 11

Quote: @Mattyman said:
@Montana Tom said:

Some will say this is nuts, but with this class?  I think 4 go in the top 10. 

40% of the top 10 will be QB's in 24. 

Quote: @FLVike said:
@Mattyman said:
@Montana Tom said:

IMO I don't think the Giants will go QB so if nobody trades up we will get at least QB-4 at 11
I agree that the Giants likely won't take a QB, but they are the team that scares me the most. Mostly because their trade up from 6 to 4 is probably a lot more appealing to the Cards than ours. At 6, they're guaranteed one of the top two WRs.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@FLVike said:
@Mattyman said:
@Montana Tom said:

I agree that the Giants likely won't take a QB, but they are the team that scares me the most. Mostly because their trade up from 6 to 4 is probably a lot more appealing to the Cards than ours. At 6, they're guaranteed one of the top two WRs.
I getting more inclined to let the Giants do whatever they want,  hell if they arent going QB maybe we can move to 6 and get the 4th QB there?  but what I really dont want to do is let the dinkus donkeys or another team drafting lower than us leapfrog and get a shot ahead of us.  I really expect the Bears to be dealing out of that 9th spot with a QB hungry team,  unless we already have ours by moving up.

Quote:

Some will say this is nuts, but with this class?  I think 4 go in the top 10. 

40% of the top 10 will be QB's in 24. 

Me too. At least 4 before 11.

1) Chicago Bears (from Carolina)
2) Washington Commanders
3) New England Patriots

4) Arizona Cardinals
5) Los Angeles Chargers
6) New York Giants
7) Tennessee Titans
8) Atlanta Falcons
9) Chicago Bears
10) New York Jets
11) Minnesota Vikings

Every GM sees the  large flashing neon sign that the Vikings  need a QB. 

If QB's go 1,2,3,  then some team picking after pick 11 is gonna leap frog the Vikings somewhere between pick 4-10. 

Probably to nab McCarthy?

If any of this is accurate it means the Vikings are gonna be forced to pay more and move up to get the #4 option. 

This is similar to 2021 when 5 QB's went in Top 15. All of them flamed out besides Lawrence so maybe GM's won't be as nervy.

IMHO the 2024 class of QB's is more talented than the 2021.

I have zero clue what will happen, but I think we can all see  the vulnerability of the Vikings at their position and what they're trying to do. 

One strategy, if the Vikings decide not to mortgage the ranch, is to let all of the QB needy teams shoot their wads in this year's draft, leaving the Vikings with less competition for a QB in next year's draft. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Vikings next year's 1st rounder be a high pick. But I'm hoping the Vikings go "all in" this year and get the QB they covet.

Quote: @NorseFeathers said:
One strategy, if the Vikings decide not to mortgage the ranch, is to let all of the QB needy teams shoot their wads in this year's draft, leaving the Vikings with less competition for a QB in next year's draft. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Vikings next year's 1st rounder be a high pick. But I'm hoping the Vikings go "all in" this year and get the QB they covet.
there is a lot less talent projected for next years draft though too,  we are seeing essentially 2 years of QB talent in this years draft.  I think we are in a position to make something happen,  make it happen instead of hoping that things fall into place for us next year.