Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears land Keenan Allen
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Like Thielen was for Young, Allen will be the veteran security blanket every young QB needs. In the meantime, you don't want to look at what has happened to San Diego. It's ugly. If I'm Herbert I'd want to be traded. 
This is why I believe any real thought of trading up for Minnesota that's not fantasy is #5 and the Chargers. They need cheap players and that's what the Draft is all about. IMO, if the Draft hits right, their guy is there, they could move up to that spot. Or just stay at #11. It won't be top 3. 
I think every slot is open for business for the right price, as it should be. If I'm Washington or the Patriots, I'd love to take advantage of the Vikings obvious desperation to move up. I'd take their haul of future 1sts, rebuild my roster, and take the best QB available at 11. 
That's because you're a Viking's fan, lol. Washington and New England need a QB....you think those fans think the way you do? No way, they want a QB. I think your prism is purple shaded so that logic makes more sense to you. Why would Minnesota give up what is going to be necessary to give up to move up to #2 or #3 when the strike out rate for doing so is high? And I don't think every spot is 'open for business', not in a reality based way. 
I can only tell you what I would do. I wouldn't put a young QB on a roster like that. You're just going to ruin him. Washington is in a little bit better position in that regard than the Patriots, but it's the same sort of thing IMO. Yes, obviously the most likely thing is both teams sticking and picking their QBs. But to say it's impossible for them to trade out is just stupid. Happened last year. Happened the year before that. Happened the year before that too. 

I just think it's funny. Every year most teams want to trade down. Trading down is how you get the most bang for your buck. Think of all the picks!! And every year Viking fans say "It's not feasible, you have to find a partner who wants to trade up!" This year the Vikings want to trade up: "It's not feasible, you have to find a partner who wants to trade down!" LOL

Why would the Vikings want to trade up? Are you serious? The Vikings want to trade up because they've put themselves in a desperate situation. They tried hard last year and I think they'll try hard again this year. Do I agree with it? Not necessarily. Just not sure there's a huge amount of difference between QB3 and QB6. Enough of a difference to merit selling the farm. And if either of those teams feel the same way, you can bet those teams will have Kwesi on speed dial. 
There is a huge difference between who ultimately becomes the 3rd best versus the 6th best qb, though.  And if you're utilizing your knowledge of who is likely to be selected versus who you want, that trade is not only advisable, it's absolutely critical to the final outcome.  

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
Like Thielen was for Young, Allen will be the veteran security blanket every young QB needs. In the meantime, you don't want to look at what has happened to San Diego. It's ugly. If I'm Herbert I'd want to be traded. 
This is why I believe any real thought of trading up for Minnesota that's not fantasy is #5 and the Chargers. They need cheap players and that's what the Draft is all about. IMO, if the Draft hits right, their guy is there, they could move up to that spot. Or just stay at #11. It won't be top 3. 
I think every slot is open for business for the right price, as it should be. If I'm Washington or the Patriots, I'd love to take advantage of the Vikings obvious desperation to move up. I'd take their haul of future 1sts, rebuild my roster, and take the best QB available at 11. 
That's because you're a Viking's fan, lol. Washington and New England need a QB....you think those fans think the way you do? No way, they want a QB. I think your prism is purple shaded so that logic makes more sense to you. Why would Minnesota give up what is going to be necessary to give up to move up to #2 or #3 when the strike out rate for doing so is high? And I don't think every spot is 'open for business', not in a reality based way. 
I can only tell you what I would do. I wouldn't put a young QB on a roster like that. You're just going to ruin him. Washington is in a little bit better position in that regard than the Patriots, but it's the same sort of thing IMO. Yes, obviously the most likely thing is both teams sticking and picking their QBs. But to say it's impossible for them to trade out is just stupid. Happened last year. Happened the year before that. Happened the year before that too. 

I just think it's funny. Every year most teams want to trade down. Trading down is how you get the most bang for your buck. Think of all the picks!! And every year Viking fans say "It's not feasible, you have to find a partner who wants to trade up!" This year the Vikings want to trade up: "It's not feasible, you have to find a partner who wants to trade down!" LOL

Why would the Vikings want to trade up? Are you serious? The Vikings want to trade up because they've put themselves in a desperate situation. They tried hard last year and I think they'll try hard again this year. Do I agree with it? Not necessarily. Just not sure there's a huge amount of difference between QB3 and QB6. Enough of a difference to merit selling the farm. And if either of those teams feel the same way, you can bet those teams will have Kwesi on speed dial. 
There is a huge difference between who ultimately becomes the 3rd best versus the 6th best qb, though.  And if you're utilizing your knowledge of who is likely to be selected versus who you want, that trade is not only advisable, it's absolutely critical to the final outcome.  
I think every team is going to have these QBs ranked a little differently. 
And keep in mind last year, the best QBs were the 2nd and 4th taken, but it’s early. Few years before, the best QBs were the 3rd and 5th taken. Year before that, the best QB was the 2nd one taken. Year before that, the best QB was the 8th one taken. In other words, the likelihood of these QBs faring in the NFL exactly as consensus rankings have them now is very unlikely. 

@Waterboy said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

And keep in mind last year, the best QBs were the 2nd and 4th taken, but it’s early. Few years before, the best QBs were the 3rd and 5th taken. Year before that, the best QB was the 2nd one taken. Year before that, the best QB was the 8th one taken. In other words, the likelihood of these QBs faring in the NFL exactly as consensus rankings have them now is very unlikely. 
I 100% agree, but if the guy you really like is CJ Stroud, you go where necessary to land him.   You don't take a flier that this year 2 and 6 will be the good ones.  lol

Quote: @minny65 said:
Great, while we play Tillery-winks Smile

I had to do it.
 Me thinks that Kwesi got board with the Tillery-Winks game!

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@minny65 said:

I had to do it.
This year our defense will be tossing hand Greenards outside while the inside gets pummeled with heavy doses of ourTillery.

@HappyViking said:
@minny65 said:

I had to do it.
This year our defense will be tossing hand Greenards outside while the inside gets pummeled with heavy doses of ourTillery.
Checkmate!

Quote: @Waterboy said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Waterboy said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

I 100% agree, but if the guy you really like is CJ Stroud, you go where necessary to land him.   You don't take a flier that this year 2 and 6 will be the good ones.  lol
Do you?  What if you really like Young instead of Stroud?
While I do agree that you should only draft guys you feel
confident in, it’s impossible to ignore the significant probability that you are
wrong in your assessment of who to like. 
Any good GM is going to have to factor in the cost to move up with the likelihood
of being wrong.  It would be massively
stupid to lock into “your guy” and trade the farm to get him because that’s
like putting all your eggs into one basket that has a 25% chance of hitting
(made up number, because I’m not looking it up now).  
You might as well just fire yourself now.