Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here’s a positive, Guys
This is a good sign. It means he’s high on their board. You know how I know?

Because Nix is by far the most seasoned of the bunch in reading coverages and operating an NFL style offense. I’d put him second only to Caleb when it comes to making plays out of nothing as well as being the best of the bunch in structure.

My list:

1. Caleb Williams - I think he’s extremely risky amd has major flaws in his game that will bite him at the mext level. He either must progress or he’ll be in for a rude awakening. With  that said, his talent is undeniable. The Bears almost have to take him. With that said, he’s far from a “generational talent”.

2. Jayden Daniels - the next guy on the list has the better arm talent, but Jayden just makes plays. That speed is special and he has enough arm talent to hurt you bad if you sellout. The kid is special. 

3. Bo Nix - Bo is difficult for a lot of people because they struggle to understand the offense he ran. Nix’s offemse is by far the most pro style of the bunch. He had full autonomy - even more than the average NFL starter and the proof is in the performance as to how that went. He does the NFL stuff so well. Operates from dirty or clean pockets and can hurt you with his legs when needed. Well above average arm talent day 1 in the NFL. His decision making is not only excellent, it’s wicked fast. Accuracy and ball placement are top shelf. If Jayden and Caleb weren’t so uniquely special, Nix is number 1 on my board. Simply watch the tape - he is a franchise QB. 

4. Michael Penix - He’s right up there with these other guys. All are tier 1 QB’s with defintie potential to be franhise QB’s. Penix has an unorthodox style, but a big arm and good decision making leave him a serious threat at the position. His injury history is of concern as is his limited ability to run. He’s not the scrambler that the first three are or even the next two. Where he goes will depend on the injuries.

5. JJ McCarthy - Great arm talent easily right there with Nix and Penix and better than Daniels. He has everything you look for in a franchise guy. He’s just young and has limited experience. He’s worth gambling a top 15 pick on. 

6. Drake Maye - Looks the part. Big kid big arm. Too many struggles throwing to his right and short routes. He’s special downfield though so he’s worthy of a high pick. He just has some serious footwork issues to overcome. Reports are he’s being proactive though. He’s joined Nix amd they are training together under the same guy. Drake’s pro day is very important. He must show he’s getting past these issues.

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:

Because Nix is by far the most seasoned of the bunch in reading coverages and operating an NFL style offense. I’d put him second only to Caleb when it comes to making plays out of nothing as well as being the best of the bunch in structure.

My list:

1. Caleb Williams - I think he’s extremely risky amd has major flaws in his game that will bite him at the mext level. He either must progress or he’ll be in for a rude awakening. With  that said, his talent is undeniable. The Bears almost have to take him. With that said, he’s far from a “generational talent”.

2. Jayden Daniels - the next guy on the list has the better arm talent, but Jayden just makes plays. That speed is special and he has enough arm talent to hurt you bad if you sellout. The kid is special. 

3. Bo Nix - Bo is difficult for a lot of people because they struggle to understand the offense he ran. Nix’s offemse is by far the most pro style of the bunch. He had full autonomy - even more than the average NFL starter and the proof is in the performance as to how that went. He does the NFL stuff so well. Operates from dirty or clean pockets and can hurt you with his legs when needed. Well above average arm talent day 1 in the NFL. His decision making is not only excellent, it’s wicked fast. Accuracy and ball placement are top shelf. If Jayden and Caleb weren’t so uniquely special, Nix is number 1 on my board. Simply watch the tape - he is a franchise QB. 

4. Michael Penix - He’s right up there with these other guys. All are tier 1 QB’s with defintie potential to be franhise QB’s. Penix has an unorthodox style, but a big arm and good decision making leave him a serious threat at the position. His injury history is of concern as is his limited ability to run. He’s not the scrambler that the first three are or even the next two. Where he goes will depend on the injuries.

5. JJ McCarthy - Great arm talent easily right there with Nix and Penix and better than Daniels. He has everything you look for in a franchise guy. He’s just young and has limited experience. He’s worth gambling a top 15 pick on. 

6. Drake Maye - Looks the part. Big kid big arm. Too many struggles throwing to his right and short routes. He’s special downfield though so he’s worthy of a high pick. He just has some serious footwork issues to overcome. Reports are he’s being proactive though. He’s joined Nix amd they are training together under the same guy. Drake’s pro day is very important. He must show he’s getting past these issues.
I’ll say one thing…the EXTREME variance of how everyone (scouts/pundits/fans) ranks these 6 QBs, is either a very good or very bad thing. There is no consensus on who is good or bad. I’ve literally read at least one analysis on each one of these guys that says they’re going to be a great NFL starter. I’ve also read at least one that says they’re going to be a complete bust. 

This is either going to be an all-time great class or they’re all going to suck. 

It’s so hard to tell how these guys will do, because where they go can make a big difference. For the Vikings, almost all of these guys could do well. It’s a team loaded with weapons and a great coach. 

The other guy I know some Viking fans on here like had his promday too amd it was as impressive as expected. 

Jackson Powers-Johnson

36 Reps at 225:- a freaking Center! I don’t ever remember a center coming out with that kind of power.

Edit: Forgot to add the Bears sent half the organization to this one. My guess is they love Jackson Powers-Johnson and may have to take him at 9!

Vikings Scouts, Coaches, and Kwesi met with Nix 5 times at the combine. They are definitely interested and decided to vet him there instead of his Pro Day. 

It's an odd thing. Even if they saw him at the combine, you would think they would be at his pro day. My first thought was that they either hate him or love him and are disguising interest. 

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:

My list:

I like your ranking.  I would pretty much agree with your assessment on Bo Nix in particular, but really I think you hit it on the head with all six.  Williams will be gone right away, Daniels won't fall to 11.  The cost to trade up is not worth it when Nix and Penix will both be there at 11.  (Please Kwesi, don't get cute and trade down).  I'm not on the JJMcCarthy bandwagon at all.