Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here’s a positive, Guys
No KAM, KOC, or McCown at Bo Nix’s pro day

Quote: @"CFIAvike" said:
No KAM, KOC, or McCown at Bo Nix’s pro day
That is good.  I think Nix is the worst of the lot being discussed up at the top.

You could take that as smoke as well. Nobody went so they don’t look like hes their guy at 42?

The Vikes just saw Nix at the combine, so need to attend his pro day, there is no indication of what this means or doesn't mean.  In fact, if they are really interested in him, it would be less likely they would attend and not tip their hand.  

Not sure why you assume everyone would agree with your perception of Nix.  I have seen a lot of Nix during his career and I think outside of Williams, he could be the best QB in this draft and would love to see him in purple.  

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
You could take that as smoke as well. Nobody went so they don’t look like hes their guy at 42?
With Darnold now at the helm, there is absolutely no way they dont go QB with the first pick. 

@"AGRforever" said:
With Darnold now at the helm, there is absolutely no way they dont go QB with the first pick. 
Was there any free agent QB where the likelihood of 1st round QB wasn't the case? Frankly I don't know many people, be it fans or talking heads that didn't peg MN as drafting a QB in round one even if KC re-signed. 

Here's another positive (potential):  What if Darnold has a really solid to even good season? He then gets a good contract, like Mayfield, with another team? We could potentially get a high compensatory pick the next year. 

Quote: @"PurplePastor" said:
Here's another positive (potential):  What if Darnold has a really solid to even good season? He then gets a good contract, like Mayfield, with another team? We could potentially get a high compensatory pick the next year. 
As slim as our chances are of drafting under next Mahomes, I have to think the chances of Darnold somehow figuring out are even less. Miracles can happen though, I guess

@"PurplePastor" said:
As slim as our chances are of drafting under next Mahomes, I have to think the chances of Darnold somehow figuring out are even less. Miracles can happen though, I guess
Much more likely that Darnold is who we think he is, but some QBs revive their career under the correct circumstances: Rich Gannon, Len Dawson, Ryan Tannehill, Alex Smith, Mark Brunell, Vinny Testaverde, Trent Green.  If Darnold can elevate his game to the average of the above list, good for him and good for the Vikings.

Of the second tier of QBs, Bo Nix was my favorite, sorry.  But I agree, they just saw him ten days ago do everything at the Combine.  I am absolutely, positively NOT a Campbell fan (head case, attitude), Daniels sure, but he won't drop.  Maye, nope.  Penex would be good at 11.