@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mattyman" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mattyman" said:
30 million is a lot. 

Too many teams with cap  space now,   UFA looks way different now.
Will it though,  or will all contracts just go up so this 30 million just gets largely spread across all contracts signed this year.  If a guard was gonna cost 6 he now costs 8,  since all teams have deals to do of their own,( not counting the big dollar guys) I dont see the extra 30 mill having a huge impact in the end.  Sure there will be a few,  but just add 5 to 10% to every deal done and it will eat up that 30 in a hurry.
For context, 30 million is about what Nick Bosa makes per year as highest paid non-qb.

Giving all 32 teams that much increased space is gonna   allow ALL of  them to make moves that a week ago they didn't have cap space to make.
That's like saying raising minimum wage will help lower earners buy more,  it doesn't,  the cost of living over all just goes up proportionally for all.  All teams will have people to sign,  the cost to sign them all will just go up now.  It's not like every team is suddenly going to be able to add a 30 million dollar gut and not have it affect other signings because everyone at every position  will want a piece of that 30 million.
Not every contract ends this year. Think of it like a business loan, not a gift. You get the money now and pay it back over time as contracts come due. 
no,  but every contract that is due will want a big increase because of this,  there will likely be a cap increase next year and the year after that, and each and every contract that comes due in those years will want their share of that increase in their corresponding years.  
Yes, and...?
...  Its like the real world,  just because the govt prints you more money,  it doesnt give you more buying power, because the cost of goods goes up as well and eats up most/all of the increase.

Just for semantics, and because I like to talk about this, when
money is printed (when a person, corporation, or government takes on debt through
a bank that participates in the fractional reserve system) the person who uses
the newly printed money first gains an advantage, because the price of goods doesn’t
increase immediately, it increases as the money in circulation increases.  So they are buying stuff at the old prices
before the prices are affected by the money they printed.

So in your example, lets say the government created new money
by deficit spending on something like a specific company.  That company does gain extra purchasing power
compared to the rest of the population.

fair enough,  but I stand by my sentiment on this cap situation,  the players and agents all know its out there and they will all be demanding their share of this new found cap space so teams are not really going to be gaining much free spending cash unless they dont have their own free agents to sign,  but every player at every position will be expecting to see a chunk of their teams 30 million.
Well yeah, that’s the whole point, isn’t it? NFL makes more money>>teams make more money>>players make more money. I’m not sure what phantom shred of good news you feel you need to shoot down here, but this gives all teams more flexibility than they had a week ago. 
Yes, it benefits some teams more than others. Like I said earlier in the thread, I think it’s a comparative disadvantage to teams who have a lot of contracts expiring this offseason (see Vikings). It helps those teams too, just not as much as it does teams with fewer expiring contracts. The biggest benefit will be to those teams who were in the red, facing tough decisions, and now find themselves in the black. 

I still dont see this as some big cyclone of change that will hit FA,  the cap strapped teams will still be at a disadvantage because the cap healthy teams will still be able to outspend them....that was the contention that started this whole exchange.   my position is and has been the same,  so not sure what you are arguing here.  every  team has X available this year to spread over Y amount of players,  increasing X for every team equally does not draftically change the outcome because each team still has to apply that X to their Y to fill a roster.  Sure somebody could get stupid and overpay for 1 or 2 players and then completely underfund other positions and likely then handicap their team due to inferior players at those positions,  but most are going to spread that 30 million over the majority of their contracts to get quality at as many positions as possible.